Good day to you all and welcome to We Want Insanity. I am your host for today, Matt Dawgs and this is my column. Today is the end of the work week and the time to look back at all the goings-on over the past seven days as I wrap it up with a bow and spout it out bit by bit. Buckle up. Enjoy the ride.
MATT NOTE: Hey everybody, Thank you all for the emails and texts showing concern. Apologies for the lack of column last week but I had an unexpected family emergency that required my attention. It is all resolved now and everything is good. Anyway, this is the “go home” column to the busiest and most important annual weekend in the wrestling business so we have a lot to cover. Some of the news below may feel dated since it was supposed to go up last week. But if you didn’t read/hear it yet, then technically it is still “new”. Enjoy.
WWE NEWS AND NOTES:
- Just want to start off by wishing my condolences to WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross on the loss of his wife Jan. For those of you who did not hear, Ross’ wife was driving her Vespa scooter from the gym last week when she was hit from behind by a motor vehicle and was thrown from the scooter. She was not wearing a helmet and suffered major damage to her skull and brain. She never regained consciousness. Jim has been with her for a very long time and by all accounts, she was a wonderful person that cared for Jim deeply. It is a terrible and tragic loss for him. He, being the old school guy that he is and possibly in part to not wanting to be alone, has decided to fulfill his commitments this weekend in Orlando for Wrestlemania weekend so if you see him, express your condolences. Thanks.
- Before anyone gets angry with WWE for not doing something for Jim Ross and his wife Jan on RAW on Monday, WWE has reached out privately to Ross and sent their condolences to him. It isn’t as if they were avoiding the issue.
- Wrestlemania, The Ultimate Thrill Ride!!!! Go ahead; try to get that phrase out of your head now. LOL.
- As of this writing, Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker is scheduled to close Wrestlemania. You read that correctly. Plans may in fact change but as of Friday, March 31st, that is the plan.
- Disappointed that we are likely NOT getting Finn Balor at Mania but if we do, it will be a surprise. I was hoping he would be set up to counteract Samoa Joe as Joe is more than likely going to be involved in the HHH vs. Seth Rollins fight. They could also place Mick Foley in that slot since Foley was “fired” for storyline purposes to get his real life hip replacement surgery but isn’t scheduled for his surgery until mid-April therefore can still show up at Mania if needed.
- Will legit be disappointed if we do not get John Cena proposing to Nikki Bella on Sunday.
- In continuing down the blueprint laid out by The Rock, John Cena has been confirmed as the voice of Ferdinand the Bull for the cartoon film “Ferdinand” based on the hit children’s book.
- The RAW tag title match on Sunday has been made into a ladder match. I really believe that WWE wants Enzo Amore to die. That is the only explanation I can think of for this since he almost dies doing the most basic moves.
- I don’t care what anyone else says but Roman Reigns promo on Monday was 100% a heel promo. He even played it up like one. It was solid gold by the way as far as heel promos go.
- As I said MONTHS AGO, HUGE POP for “Kevin Owens, YOU’RE GOING ON THE LIST!!!”
- Naomi is back on Smackdown from her injury and will be in the Women’s title match in Orlando. My guess is they let her get the W since she is the hometown hero. The match will be on the Mania Pre-Show along with the Cruiserweight Title Match between Neville and Austin Aries as well as the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. The pre-show begins at 5:00 pm ET and will be hosted by Renee Young along with WWE Hall of Famers Shawn Michaels, Jerry Lawler and Booker T.
- Will Hogan appear on Sunday? He is scheduled to be in Orlando this weekend.
- WWE is showing you two opposite ends of a spectrum this week as RAW was a 3 hour show on Monday and featured a 4 matches equaling a total of 15 minutes of actual in ring action where as Wrestlemania on Sunday is a 5 or 6 hour show that will feature about 4 hours of in ring action. I mean that Philadelphia crowd must have been PISSED to have to sit for 3+ hours and only see 4 matches, two of which went 3 minutes each.
- Add music star Pitbull as well as famous weatherman Al Roker as celebrity guests for Wrestlemania. Pitbull will be performing and Roker will be a special guest ring announcer. They also announced that singer Tinashe will sing “America The Beautiful” to open the event.
- Wrestlemania, The Ultimate Thrill Ride!!!!
- During an interview with Peter Rosenberg, Triple H was asked if Kurt Angle would wrestle again and HHH noted that all he has to do is clear medicals and he will. It is believed strongly within WWE that Kurt Angle will wrestle a few matches following this weekend. The plan when Angle was asked to go into the Hall was always do the HOF first and then play it by ear. In an interesting comment, he was asked about his thoughts on Randy Orton and he noted to Rosenberg that Orton has all the tools to be the best ever, a sentiment that almost everyone who has worked in the ring with him has claimed, but he holds himself back and only does what he needs to do to get by rather than push himself harder to be the best ever.
- Former WWE Divas Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres Gracie and Victoria are expected to appear at Wrestlemania in some capacity. Other former female talents have been contacted to appear as well. One of those includes Maria Kanellis who alongside husband Mike Bennett are rumored to be joining WWE soon.
- WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels revealed in a recent interview that prior to WWE settling on Shane McMahon vs. A.J. Styles for Wrestlemania this weekend, he was approached by Vince McMahon personally about wrestling A.J. at Mania this year however he turned it down. That would have been AMAZING.
- In the major news of last week that you may or may not have heard, it was revealed that WWE has been in discussions since January with Ring of Honor about purchasing the promotion from Sinclair Broadcasting. According to sources, the sale would be primarily for the tape library, intellectual properties and some of the major contracts in the company. ROH as a promotion would likely come to an end as a promotion as WWE would not continue to run it nor would they let it run independently. Most of the major talents under contract would go to NXT and the tape library would be featured on the WWE Network. No deal is close to being finalized however the talks are ongoing.
- Still best wishes to Mauro Ranallo as he missed Smackdown for the 3rd straight week. For those asking, he has NOT been fired but has been dealing with some personal issues. For those who do not know, Ranallo suffers from bi-polar disorder and clinical depression. He has discussed this at length with various media outlets over the course of his career and he is having a bout with it currently. He finally tweeted after several weeks of remaining silent on the issue the following: "Feeling love from everyone. I am stronger. I want to wish my @WWE family another AMAZING #WrestleMania #KeepUpTheGoodFight #MentalHealth".
- In the worst kept secret in all of wrestling, Matt and Jeff Hardy have been sent contracts by WWE meaning that they have passed any medical testing they had to take. No word on a start date but it could be as soon as this weekend at Wrestlemania since they will be in town for Ring of Honor and can start as soon as WWE wants them to. They have notified all independent promotions that they are not taking any bookings passed May 1st. If they were to appear at Mania on Sunday then fully expect them to lose to the Young Bucks at the Ring of Honor show tomorrow in Lakeland Florida. As of now, the plan is for them to use the “Broken” characters in their WWE return as Matt and Reba claim that they have the rights to the intellectual property of the characters and that if Impact continues to pursue legal action, they have a legit case since they financed several set of Impact tapings. I am sure WWE isn’t concerned with a legal battle over it since WWE has more financial resourced to fight Impact if they need to and have enough evidence from Matt proving the gimmick is his or else they wouldn’t be allowing it.
- WWE unveiled a new Ric Flair statue at Fan Axxess yesterday in Orlando. Attending the ceremony were Flair’s family. Elite air Flair is now in with Andre The Giant, Ultimate Warrior, Dusty Rhodes and Bruno Sammartino the only others to have statues made in their honor by WWE. No, no Hulk Hogan statue yet. Nor a Steve Austin one surprisingly.
- PS – David Flair attended and is HUGE. I hate to fat shame people considering I am not the picture of perfection either but for f*cks sake man, he needs to do something to try and get it under control. Especially at his age.
- WWE has announced that Tian Bing, the first ever Chinese WWE star will make his debut at Wrestlemania in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. This is likely because for the first time ever, Wrestlemania will air LIVE in China on PPV.
- Vince McMahon was involved in a minor car accident last weekend in Connecticut as he crashed his Bentley while driving himself in Stamford. The Bentley was totaled but he was unharmed.
- Noam Dar was injured on Monday’s RAW during his match with Austin Aries. No word on what the injury is but you can place your guesses since he missed 205 Live and he “needs to be evaluated” to determine when he can come back.
- The Undertaker celebrated his 52nd Birthday last week.
- WHAT THE F*CK IS A CRUSIX?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Randy Orton had one on Smackdown and was going to drive it through the corpse of Sister Abigail. No, not a crucifix, a CRUSIX. Not only did Orton say it, but the video of it following Smackdown on WWE’s YouTube had Crusix written in the description. They f*cking made up a word because they didn’t want to offend anyone by saying crucifix?!?!?!?!!!!!
- To little fanfare, the Usos captured the WWE Smackdown tag team titles last week from American Alpha. Did WWE drop the ball on American Alpha or what? A damn shame.
- Paige released a statement regarding the situation she has been involved in. She noted: “Personal and private photos of mine were stolen and unfortunately they were shared publicly without my consent.” Her mom also released a statement stating: “People get hacked. Unfortunately my daughter had pics and videos shared from years ago. My husband and I support her 100% no fault of her own.”
- Xavier Woods was at the SXSW Conference in Austin Texas last weekend on behalf of WWE so thankfully he did not work any WWE live events or else you could guarantee that he’d have definitely gotten some chants sent his way from the crowd. WWE has purposely kept Woods away from the live crowds on television meaning his first appearance will be at Wrestlemania on Sunday.
- Joining the “hacked” crowd are former WWE Divas Melina Perez, Victoria, Kaitlyn and Maria Kanellis. As noted, I purpose will not link to those pictures because it would be morally wrong to do so and I also implore you to not do a google search, twitter search, reddit search or 4Chan search for these nor would I tell you to go to the gossip site “celebjihad” to check them out because that would be wrong to do so.
- Paige and Alberto El Patron were married in a small ceremony on Wednesday. El Patron has pulled out of all wrestling commitments he was scheduled for this weekend in Orlando citing the invasion of privacy issue involving Paige. It is for the better as with his temper, being around people i.e. fans who are going to instigate things would probably not be the smartest idea.
- Wrestlemania, The Ultimate Thrill Ride!!!!
- Southpaw Regional Wrestling. FANTASTIC!!!
- Former and possibly once again WWE Star Shelton Benjamin has been medically cleared to return to the ring. He was signed back by WWE when the brand extension happened and a vignette citing his return even aired on Smackdown but upon receiving his medicals, it was revealed that he had a torn rotator cut and thus he required surgery.
- WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler has noted that he is selling his ownership of the Memphis tape library to WWE. He owns the rights to the footage from 1977 through 1988 and then from 1996 to present day. They are still sorting out who owns from 1988 through 1996 but WWE does hope to acquire that footage as well.
- Former WWE and ECW Star Jerry Lynn was a guest trainer all last week in Orlando for WWE at the Performance Center.
- Aleister Black a.k.a. Tommy End will make his NXT debut tomorrow at NXT Takeover Orlando.
- WWE U.K. Champion Tyler Bate will defend the WWE U.K. Title on the Progress Wrestling Show tonight in Orlando vs. Mark Andrews. The main event of that show will be Progress Champion Pete Dunne defending the title against Mark Haskins. Progress will also have some of their roster NOT under WWE contract wrestling at Axxess all weekend.
- Jim Cornette admitted publicly that he was wrong. He had noted in the past that the WWE would likely NEVER induct either the Rock & Roll Express of the Midnight Express and then he doubled down noting that if they ever did, they’d never invite him so when they asked him to induct at Ricky Morton’s request, he couldn’t turn it down. He will be signing autographs for WWE at WWE Axxess as part of the deal on Sunday before Mania begins.
- Female Japanese star Kairi Hojo has signed her WWE contract. No word on a start date. She is in Orlando for Mania this weekend but still has Japan commitments for Stardom that she has to fulfill before she comes to the U.S. full time. Io Shirai is back in Japan following her week in Orlando last week. She was offered a deal but has not signed yet.
- WWE has reached a multi-year agreement with Stubhub making them WWE’s official ticket reseller.
- WWE Superstar Glen “Kane” Jacobs has officially filed paperwork in Knox Country Tennessee to run for Mayor.
- WWE does not have any plans on extending the contract of Eva Marie when it expires. No word on when that is however Eva Maria has not made any mention of wrestling on her social media accounts and changed her screen names to Natalia Eva Marie. She has been gone since August when she failed a Wellness test and has not been brought back or mentioned since. She is NOT expected to be around in Orlando for Wrestlemania.
2017 WWE HALL OF FAME is TONIGHT from Orlando Florida and the line-up is as follows:Kurt Angle inducted by John CenaDiamond Dallas Page inducted by Eric BischoffTeddy Long inducted by the A.P.A.The Rock & Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson) inducted by Jim CornetteBeth Phoenix inducted by Natalya”Ravishing” Rick Rude inducted by Ricky “The Dragon” SteamboatEric LeGrand inducted by Dana WarriorWWE LEGACY AWARDS: Judy Gable, Toots Mondt, Rikidozan, Farmer Burns, Luther Lindsay, Dr. Jerry Graham, June Byers and Haystacks Calhoun
NXT TAKEOVER ORLANDO is TOMORROW NIGHT from Orlando Florida and the line-up is as follows:NXT TITLE: Bobby Roode © vs. Shinsuke NakamuraNXT TAG TEAM TITLES: The Authors of Pain © w/Paul Ellering vs. D.I.Y. (Tommasso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano) vs. The Revival (Dawson & Wilder)NXT WOMEN’S TITLE: Asuka © vs. Ember MoonTye Dillinger/No Way Jose/Roderick Strong/Ruby Riot vs. SAnitY (Eric Young/Alexander Wolfe/Killian Dain/Nikki Cross)Aleister Black vs. Andrade Cien Almas
WWE WRESTLEMANIA 33 is THIS SUNDAY, April 2nd, 2017 from Orlando Florida and the line-up is as follows: WWE UNIVERSAL TITLE: Goldberg © vs. Brock Lesnar w/Paul HeymanWWE TITLE: Bray Wyatt © vs. Randy OrtonThe Undertaker vs. Roman ReignsMIXED TAG: John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. Miz & MaryseTriple H vs. Seth RollinsWWE U.S. TITLE: Chris Jericho © vs. Kevin OwensA.J. Styles vs. Shane McMahonWWE RAW WOMEN’S TITLE (FATAL FOURWAY ELIMINATION): Bayley © vs. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia JaxWWE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE: Dean Ambrose © vs. Baron CorbinWWE RAW TAG TEAM TITLES IN A LADDER MATCH: The Club (Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson) © vs. Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Sheamus & Cesaro
PRE-SHOW: WWE CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE: Neville © vs. Austin AriesWWE SMACKDOWN WOMEN’S TITLE: Alexa Bliss © vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Mickie James vs. Carmella vs. Naomi Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Mojo Rawley / Dolph Ziggler / Big Show / Braun Strowman / Sami Zayn / Goldust / R-Truth / Curtis Axel / Primo / Epico / Bo Dallas / Jinder Mahal / Apollo Crews / Curt Hawkins / Primo / Epico / Tyler Breeze / Fandango / Jimmy Uso / Jey Uso / Chad Gable / Jason Jordan / Mark Henry / Titus O’Neal / Rhino / Heath Slater / Simon Gotch / Aiden English / Kalisto / Sin Cara / Viktor / Konnor / Tian BingThe New Day (Big E./Xavier Woods/Kofi Kingston) will be special guests hosts.
IMPACT WRESTLING NEWS and NOTES:
- Oh Impact. Why is it that you continue to do the things you do when you are in the process of trying to “right the ship”? Anyway, Reby Hardy wrote the following: “UPDATE: TNA sent an absolutely laughable legal proposal re: trademark, usage & ownership. Sigh. We tried to play nice. Truly. Oh well." She went on to claim that Senor Benjamin never signed anything that would allow him to appear on TV or allow Impact to use his image and likeness. She also claimed that Maxel was never cleared to work on camera (which could be the OUT they need due to child labor laws, etc) and that Impact wanted a cut of the money that is made from Matt Hardy's personal merchandise store.
- In news that boggles my mind in hindsight considering how their exit from the company was treated, apparently prior to leaving, Impact had come to an agreement with Ring of Honor to build the Young Bucks vs. Broken Matt Hardy and Brother Nero to take place on Impact. SMH. The Young Bucks would have debuted this month at the TV tapings. While Impact is still interested in bringing in the Young Bucks, they blew that opportunity with the legal letter that caused Dish Network to not air the last PPV.
- Impact has multiple irons in the fire as Jeff Jarrett and company were at the recent AAA show despite having a working relationship with Konnan’s Crash promotion in Mexico. Konnan confirmed this as he noted that he has no hands in that deal and that he knows that no Crash talent will be working with AAA talent on Impact should they appear.
- Impact has re-hired Rafael Morfii to the promotion. He was in charge of scheduling live events in the past. He was hired from WWE several years back but left when Impact stopped running live events. He has since worked for Combate Americas and The House of Hardcore Promotion.
- Mike Tenay has been contacted about a return which is fantastic because Josh Matthews is the drizzling sh*ts and while Borash is ok so far, he is still learning and has a ways to go before he becomes the top announcer.
- Impact did officially announce that they have struck a deal to promote “World of Hurt” Wrestling in the U.K. on iTV where they will produce 10 shows starting with tapings in May and then depending on ratings they will take it from there. The show will air at 5:00 pm Local time on Saturday afternoon and will use mostly U.K. talent and not be Impact related. Alex Shane will be the lead color commentator and Jim Ross has been discussed as the possible play by play man.
- The are also close to finalizing their deal with AAA in Mexico and would assist in promoting AAA shows in the U.S. including live events.
- So Bobby Lashley is just a babyface now? No face turn. No explanation. He just is. And does that make Alberto El Patron a heel? Despite the fact that the crowd treats him like a major star and he comes across like a major star, he is just a heel because Lashley is a face? Sigh; just when I want to start to give this company the benefit of the doubt.
- Umberto Garza Jr. has signed a one-year contract.
Ring of Honor / Lucha Underground / Independent / International News and Notes:
- Early reports out of Orlando is that WWN is having streaming and purchasing issues with the Progress Wrestling show and will have some with Evolve later on tonight. So if you plan on ordering please note that while the purchase may go through, you may not be able to get the show live and will be credited for the stream On Demand when available.
- ROH COO Joe Koff notified the talent of the discussions with WWE however he noted that the talks were only regarding licensing old footage to WWE and not a sale. I do not believe him.
- No new talks regarding the ROH sale. Once the story was released, talks came to a halt but that it is also partly due to Wrestlemania week.
- It has been revealed that prior to talks beginning with WWE, FloSports did in fact place an offer to buy ROH outright as well as offered them a HUGE money deal in order to become the only streaming service for ROH PPV but were turned down.
- Congrats to ROH star Kenny King as he has been chosen to be a contestant on the upcoming season of ABC’s “The Bachelorette”.
- Adam Cole is challenging for the ROH TV title this weekend vs. Marty Scurll.
- Former ROH star Kyle O’Reilly begins with EVOLVE on their April 22nd show in Queens NY against Keith Lee.
- Bully Ray revealed in a recent interview that he was offered a substantial money deal from Impact Wrestling however he had his heart set on at least trying ROH first and noted that Impact did have some communication issues when negotiating with him that he found frustrating.
- Longtime Japanese legend and arguably the greatest female in-ring performer EVER, Manami Toyota has decided that she is retiring from wrestling in November 2017. She has been wrestling for 30 years beginning at the age of 16 in Japan.
- Saraya Knight, mother of WWE Superstar Paige has pulled out of her Orlando bookings this coming weekend due to the incident with Paige and her leaked photos.
- WWE Hall of Famer Terry Funk has pulled himself off of all Orlando appearances this weekend due to health issues. He was informed by his doctors that he should not be traveling.
- Despite having regained feeling in his hands and feet and being able to move them, Tomoaki Honma of New Japan was still paralyzed from the neck down as of last week. This is NOT a good sign as it has been several weeks now. He was finally transferred earlier this week to Osaka and it has been recommended that he undergo surgery to help speed up the process of his recovery. He had the surgery and will undergo rehabilitation immediately. The surgery should help alleviate some of the pressure on his spine and allow him to move more of his body.
- Tickets to New Japan’s debut shows in Long Beach California in July go on sale tomorrow. The dates are July 1st and 2nd.
- I am going to try and catch it sometime this weekend but I heard that Game Changer Wrestling’s “Joey Janela’s Spring Break” show on Thursday was awesome fun from top to bottom and really set the bar for this weekend.
- F*CK James “Rude Boy” Riley and anyone that defends him. I am not going to go into details if you don’t know the story, Google can fill you in.
RING OF HONOR’S “SUPERCARD OF HONOR” PPV is TOMORROW NIGHT from Lakeland Florida and the line-up is as follows:ROH TITLE: “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels © vs. Dalton CastleROH TAG TEAM TITLES IN A LADDER MATCH: The Hardys (Matt & Jeff Hardy) © vs. The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)IN A BULLROPE MATCH: Jay Lethal vs. Cody RhodesROH TV TITLE: Marty Scurll © vs. Adam ColeROH TRIOS TITLES: The Briscoes (Mark & Jay) & Bully Ray © vs. The Bullet Club (Tama Tonga/Tanga Roa/Hangman Page)Will Ospreay & Volador Jr. vs. Dragon Lee & Jay WhiteKazarian vs. Punishment MartinezThe Kingdom (Matt Taven & Vinny Marseglia) vs. Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser
MMA News and Notes:
- Conor McGregor is now claiming that the deal for a fight vs. Floyd Mayweather is almost done and set for September in Las Vegas. Of course as usual, anything McGregor says is to be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, this is both a huge positive and huge negative for UFC. On one hand, UFC has to be in on the deal or else the fight can’t happen. Since this will make mega bucks, it is a financial windfall for them. The flip side is that they likely do not have any Conor McGregor MMA fights in 2017 which will hurt the main UFC brand.
- Speaking of McGregor, the Nevada State Athletic Commission has reduced his fine from the bottle throwing incident last year from $75,000 down to $25,000.
- Dana White has noted that Nate Diaz has turned down every fight offered to him and has noted that the only fight he is willing to take is against McGregor.
- While not official, the deal is close to being finalized to have Michael Bisping vs. George St. Pierre to take place on July 8th meaning they are headlining the biggest show of the year during “International Fight Week”.
- Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino vacated the Invitca Featherweight Title and issued a challenge to UFC Women’s Featherweight Champion Germaine de Randamie for July 29th.
- Vitor Belfort wants to fight C.M. Punk for his retirement fight, hopefully in June in Rio De Janeiro. Hold your horses big fella. This ain’t happening. A) Punk is one weight class behind Belfort. B) No promoter in their right mind would allow this fight to be booked. C) Punk wouldn’t allow this to be booked either. He’d get murdered.
- B.J. Penn vs. Dennis Silver has been signed for a Fox Sports 1 show on June 25th from Oklahoma City. I do not understand why UFC continues to book B.J. Penn in fights. This isn’t good. The show will have a co-main event of Johnny Hendricks vs. Tim Boetsch at middleweight
- Alex Oliveira’s appeal of his no-contest to Tim Means in December was denied. For the backstory, Means nailed Oliveira with a knee to the head while Oliveira was down. Referee Dan Miragliotta stopped the fight and discussed it with officials at ringside. They said the knee was accidental and ruled the fight a no contest. Means however following the fight said that he 100% thought it was a legal move to do hence Oliveira should have been given the win via disqualification. Even though Means admitted to throwing the illegal knee, the Nevada State Athletic Commission did not reverse the decision saying it was final.
- Following his 2-year suspension from UFC, “Filthy” Tom Lawlor has requested his release from UFC. He has been taking independent wrestling bookings lately and is likely going to transition into that full time.
- Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson had surgery to repair a torn meniscus which will keep him out of action for a few months.
- Luke Rockhold is back training again and is hoping to resume fighting in July during International Fight Week in Las Vegas.
- Bellator has announced a major undertaking as they are running a PPV event at Madison Square Garden on June 24th. This is big because WWE does not run televised events at MSG due to the cost associated with running them. The main event of the show will be Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva with the co-main being the debut of Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione. The PPV will cost $49.99
- Ryan Bader has challenged Phil Davis for that show. Also confirmed for that show is Douglas Lima vs. Lorenz Larkin for the Bellator Welterweight title and Michael Chandler vs. Brent Primus for the Lightweight title.
- Also, after 2 years of being under contract, Aaron Pico will make his MMA debut on June 24th for Bellator. His fight will likely be the main event of the pre-show on Spike TV.
- Bellator has signed bantamweight Michael McDonald from UFC.
- Royce Gracie vs. Matt Hughes. Bellator is working on signing this fight. In 2017. Sigh.
- Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Mohammed “King Mo” Lawal tomorrow in Chicago for Bellator on Spike TV. The fight will be at heavyweight and Rampage officially weighed in at 253 lbs. That 100% means he did not take this fight seriously and did not train for it. Mo is booked for WrestleCon in Orlando on Saturday and has noted that he is attending the Ring of Honor show on Saturday in Lakeland Florida as well.
- “War Machine” Jon Koppenhaver was found guilty of 29 of the 34 counts against him in his assault against adult film star Christy Mack. He is likely to receive 25 – life in prison.
UFC 210 is on Saturday, April 8th, 2017 from Buffalo New York and the line-up is as follows:UFC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Daniel Cormier © vs. Anthony “Rumble” JohnsonChris Weidman vs. Gegard MousasiWill Brooks vs. Charles Oliveira
UFC on FOX is on Saturday, April 15th, 2017 from Kansas City Missouri and the line-up is as follows:UFC FLYWEIGHT TITLE: Demetrious Johnson © vs. Wilson ReisRonaldo “Jacare” Souza vs. Robert WhittakerMichelle Waterson vs. Rose Namajunas
UFC 211 is on Saturday, May 13th, 2017 from Dallas Texas and the line-up is as follows:UFC HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Stipe Miocic © vs. Junior Dos SantosUFC WOMEN’S STRAWWEIGHT TITLE: Joanna Jedrzejczyk © vs. Jessica AndradeEddie Alvarez vs. Dustin PoirierFrankie Edgar vs. Yair RodriquezBen Rothwell vs. Fabricio WerdumHenry Cejudo vs. Sergio PettisDemian Maia vs. Jorge Masvidal
UFC 212 is on Saturday, June 3rd, 2017 from Rio De Janeiro Brazil and the line-up is as follows:UNDISPUTED UFC FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE: Jose Aldo © vs. Max Holloway ©Anderson Silva vs. Kelvin GastelumKarolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Claudia Gadelha
Random Thoughts, Links, Pics, ETC.
- Random VIDEO of the week: Latest Trailer for “Spider-Man: Homecoming”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week: Honest Trailer for “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 2: Official Trailer for Netflix’s “War Machine” starring Brad Pitt
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 3: Latest Trailer for “Baywatch”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 4: Official Trailer for “Captain Underpants”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 5: Latest Trailer for “Justice League”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 6: Honest Trailer for “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 7: Official Teaser for “It”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 8: Latest Trailer for “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 9: Latest Trailer for “War for the Planet of the Apes”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 10: Official Trailer for “Ferdinand” starring John Cena.
- THIS LINK is for LIFE. Thank you soldiers. WELCOME HOME BLOG
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week: It is crazy that this is not a much bigger story than it is.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 1: A real breakthrough if this works. Surprised something like this took this long to make though.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 2: Boggles my mind that there are people who still believe that there was no plane that hit the Pentagon on 9/11.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 3: Perfect way to start a rainy Friday morning in New York City. That is sarcasm by the way.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 4: This certainly will NOT end up well.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 5: This story isn’t going to go away until they get to the bottom of this. I’d hate to deny her if she was really abducted but signs are definitely pointing in the direction that she WASN’T.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 6: F*ck this guy.
- Apparently singer Eric Clapton is gravely ill. F*ck you 2017!!!!
- If you are a fan of Disney, go see Beauty and the Beast. It was fantastic.
- The CW has confirmed that actress Kate Cassidy will be returning to Arrow next season as a series regular.
- Speaking of the CW, I am finally all caught up on the “Arrowverse” with all shows. Being home last week with my wife provided me the opportunity to binge watch what I was trailing on. I must saw, CW has done a good job with Supergirl and the changes with Networks. I must admit however that James Olsen needs to go. He serves no purpose. The show doesn’t need Guardian. Kara has a much better love interest in Mon-El. Snapper is a MUCH better boss at CatCo than Olsen. She has a much better friend with Winn. You can’t even say they are using him for the “token black guy” because you can say that Martian Manhunter is that guy. There really is no need for him.
- As far as Flash goes, 100% on board with the Kaitlyn twist and I hope it sticks. Way too many team members and having her full time as a villain would be awesome.
- Arrow has found its stride with the Prometheus reveal and he is by far the 2nd best villain in the show’s history (after Slade Wilson). I hope they keep the show strong although I am not 100% sure of the point of introducing Talia Al Ghul. They could have done without her this season. Not many episodes left. Felt like hot-shotting.
- Legends is Legends. Such a fun show.
- Sony head Amy Pascal revealed at Cinemacon that the Sony/Marvel relationship may not be long term. She hinted that following the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming, that may be it. I really find that hard to believe as the MCU is helping Spider-Man become the franchise that Sony had always hoped it would be. Of course Sony however is planning on sh*tting all over the good will that Marvel has salvaged by launching both a Venom and Black Cat project but it is what it is.
- Legion Finale this week. Worth binge watching? Let me know your thoughts.
- Also still way behind on 24: Legacy. Worth catching up? Chances of a return next season?
- Apparently in the best idea they have had in a long while, WB has finalized a deal to have Joss Whedon (of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Avenger’s fame) direct a Batgirl film. WOW. Terrible loss for Marvel and huge coup for WB since anyone knows how to write female heroines it is Joss. There was no reason for Marvel to not have him helm a Black Widow stand-alone film. They dropped the ball. Anyway, this Batgirl film is set to be about the “New 52” version of the character which is one that returns to the streets following being paralyzed for several years and working as “Oracle” for Batman while in a wheel chair.
Feel free to discuss whatever you'd like on the “Board” where I can do my best to answer anything you’d like. Also drop a comment in the comment box below as I try my best to answer in a timely fashion. You can also tweet me on the tweeter. I reply there as well. Questions, Corrections, Comments, Feedback or Ideas: EMAIL ME .