Good day to you all and welcome to We Want Insanity. I am your host for today, Matt Dawgs and this is my column. Today is the end of the work week and the time to look back at all the goings-on over the past seven days as I wrap it up with a bow and spout it out bit by bit. Buckle up. Enjoy the ride.
MATT NOTE: R.I.P. to Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus as they performed their FINAL SHOW EVER on Sunday at the Nassau Coliseum in Long Island. 146 years of the circus came to an end. Sad.
BONUS MATT NOTE: R.I.P. to actor Sir Roger Moore best known for being James Bond when I was growing up. Shame to see him go.
WWE NEWS AND NOTES:
- RAW’s ratings continue to decline to alarming levels. This is not a good thing with the summer coming and viewers less likely to stay home to watch television.
- I have seen nothing but people up in arms over Jinder Mahal becoming WWE Champion on Sunday at Backlash. In all honesty, Smackdown has had 5 WWE Champions since January (A.J. Styles/John Cena/Bray Wyatt/Randy Orton/Jinder Mahal) which is 5 champions in 5 months. Think about that for a second and then honestly tell me if it matters that Jinder is WWE Champion right now? Who cares? Titles are meaningless. The WWE Universal Champion over on RAW has not been seen on television since April!!!! Get over it. This is being done to garner interest in India as well as get heat here in the U.S. By the reaction from some fans, it is working. Good for WWE.
- P.S. – other than being a better worker/in-ring performer than Jinder, this is the equivalent of JBL beating Eddie Guerrero to become WWE Champion and while everyone was pissed at the time, it ended up working in the long run.
- Jinder has FINALLY GOT MERCH!!!
- Backlash overall was a pretty disappointing show which was once again upstaged by the NXT event the night before which featured the best WWE match of 2017 with Tyler Bate vs. Pete Dunne for the WWE U.K. Title. That match was AMAZING from top to bottom and if it wasn’t for Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega taking place in January of 2017, it would have been the front runner for Match of the Year. The rest of the Takeover card was damn good as it had a solid Roderick Strong vs. Eric Young match, Hideo Itami’s best match since being signed to WWE 3-years ago against Bobby Roode, a solid Asuka match and a damn good main event ladder match for the tag team titles that also had one of the best closing show angles in NXT history. A stark contrast to the stale WWE Backlash PPV which other than a solid Kevin Owens vs. A.J. Styles match, was a weak show that also featured a weak main roster debut by Shinsuke Nakamura. I am convinced that WWE either doesn’t want to use him or doesn’t care to use him properly because last week I noted that it should either be a red hot back and forth match or a quick squash by Nakamura. Under no means should it have been a match where Dolph dominates the match. So can you guess what WWE decided to do in Nakamura’s debut? If you guessed having Dolph take 80% of the match and make Nakamura look like just another dude, you win!!!! SMH.
- After taking a beating at Backlash and looking weak, Nakamura followed up that performance by making his Smackdown debut teaming with A.J. Styles against Kevin Owens and Dolph Ziggler where he sold for 80% of that match as well.
- In continuing that awesome angle to end NXT, Tommaso Ciampa posted a photo on his Twitter account of him moving out of his apartment that he shared with Johnny Gargano. What is tough about this entire situation is that Ciampa was injured going into the match and it was feared that he wouldn’t be able to compete at all and may have missed time due to an ankle break. He was examined and he did NOT break his ankle and was cleared to wrestle. He worked the NXT show and did fantastic HOWEVER....he was injured worse and will be evaluated to see how much damage was done. What is terrible about it was that it lead to a fantastic angle with Ciampa turning on and “injuring” Gargano this we may have both of them on the shelf for the immediate future.
- NXT is in fact turning Hideo Itami and he is going to be a full-fledged heel. Hopefully this will freshen him up a bit.
- You know, for a Baron Corbin push, he sure loses a lot of high profile matches. Complete opposite of how they booked Braun Strowman over on RAW. Guess who is more over despite not being as good of an in-ring worker, Strowman or Corbin? If you guessed Strowman you’d be right. Imagine that? Someone pushed as an unstoppable monster that beats people to death is more over than a 6’9 dude who loses clean to Sami Zayn and his finisher!!!!
-SIDE NOTE: Do you think Strowman would have gotten over as big as he did had he lost clean to Zayn and the helluva kick when they were feuding on Raw?
- According to RYAN SATIN, WWE is planning on having their first ever Women’s “Money In The Bank Match” at the Smackdown only MITB PPV in June.
- Speaking of Money In The Bank, the participants for the MITB match were announced this week on Smackdown. It will be A.J. Styles vs. Baron Corbin vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kevin Owens vs. Shinsuke Nakamura. That is a damn good pool of people.
- Also announced for the MITB PPV will be Jinder Mahal defending his WWE title in a rematch against Randy Orton.
- Hey, does anyone else remember when Rusev sent a video to Smackdown noting that he isn’t debuting until he gets a title match at the MITB PPV and that he was going to confront Shane McMahon on Smackdown last week? Then he didn’t show up to confront Shane and he is now NOT wrestling at Money in the Bank. Hell, he hasn’t even been mentioned on TV in the two weeks since he made that announcement.
- Smackdown will have a five way to determine the #1 contender to the Smackdown Women’s Title this coming week with Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Carmella vs. Tamina.
- Lana is coming soon. LOL. I am 100% convinced they are giving her the Emmalina gimmick that Emma couldn’t pull off.
- While on the subject of Emma, she is expected to be cleared to return to action in a few weeks.
- The New Day are expected back soon and will be in action at the Money In The Bank PPV. Kofi Kingston has been cleared to return to action. That is 100% why they ran through a month’s worth of angles between the Usos and Breezeango on Smackdown in about 15 minutes with Fandango pinning Jimmy, Tyler pinning Jey and then the Usos beating them in an unannounced tag match back to back to back.
- RAW was another lackluster show on Monday and it is missing something with Braun Strowman being gone. It is amazing how something can get so hot that it is significant when it disappears for a while. Sadly the same thing happened with Finn Balor although when he came back from his hiatus, the fire was gone.
- I am ok with the main event angle involving 5 guys who are all out for themselves. I like that Wyatt laid out both Rollins and Joe last week and then this week Joe choked out both Reigns and Wyatt.
- Elias Sampson actually looked decent in his in-ring WWE debut against Dean Ambrose. I was surprised by this. Did Dean have his working shoes on and carry him or did The Drifter improve since NXT?
- Amazing that they managed to make a feud between Sasha Banks and Alicia Fox interesting. I am with it.
- The Revival are the ones who laid out Enzo backstage. That is good news because they are awesome and we need them back in the tag team mix.
- Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman and it was certainly good that he was back on RAW. No way are they teasing Lesnar vs. Balor if they aren’t going in that direction. I am oddly excited about that match. However....they should turn Balor heel and have him aligned with Heyman. That would be incredible.
- So Apollo Crews is tight with Titus O’Neil because Titus “has connections”? When was it established that Titus has connections? Connections with who?
- Is Kalisto being booked like Rey Mysterio was?
- Heel GOLDUST rules. As I noted last week, they really need to give him a solid mid-card push.
- Where did Nia Jax disappear to? Did they forget about her?
- I cannot be the only one that sees money in the Shield reuniting this summer and headlining live events against Joe/Wyatt/Miz?
- WWE is no longer discussing the “Broken Brilliance” gimmick of the Hardys with Impact and decided to let Matt & Jeff fight the battle in court for the gimmick. WWE is 100% committed to using the gimmick if they are allowed to however are not going to “rent” the gimmick from Impact to use.
- WWE Hall of Famer Ricky Morton was a guest trainer this week at the WWE Performance Center.
- In addition to his commentating duties of the U.K. WWE Network television series as well as the U.K. Title match at NXT Takeover last weekend, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross confirmed that he will be providing commentary on the Women’s Tournament this summer. The tournament will be titled “The Mae Young Classic”. The shows will be taped on July 13th and 14th at Full Sail University. No winner will be crowned as the winner will be decided at a live special at a later date.
- Why the Mae Young Classic and not the Fabulous Moolah Classic? When did Moolah fall off the radar?
- NXT Women’s Champion Asuka has officially passed Goldberg’s undefeated streak and it has been acknowledged by WWE with both Triple H posting a picture of each other celebrating as well as a tweet from Stephanie McMahon congratulating her. Goldberg himself also tweeted congrats to her via his official Twitter account.
- In an interesting note, Chris Jericho revealed in an interview that before the Goldberg vs. Lesnar plan was extended due to Goldberg’s popularity, the penciled in plan for Wrestlemania was for him to main event against Kevin Owens for the WWE Universal title (instead of the U.S. title) and then he was going to win and drop the title to Lesnar before he left for his tour.
- Speaking of Jericho, in a separate interview he noted that he is NOT coming back to WWE anytime soon, if at all. He said if he wrestled his last match then he is fine with it. Last time he took a hiatus from WWE, he did the same thing. This is all a diversion. He will be back sooner rather than later.
- NXT had a show scheduled for June 6th at the Manchester Arena. That is the site of this week’s bombing of the Arianna Grande concert. WWE announced this morning that they are in fact cancelling the event after consulting with local officials. There is no rescheduled date announced as of yet.
- Tickets for WWE Summerslam went on sale and DID NOT sell out the Barclay’s center in Brooklyn. It should sell out by the time the event comes around in August.
- As of right now, the tentative plan for the Ric Flair “30 for 30” on ESPN to debut on September 8th. Not for nothing but based on how long this has been in production for, this better be at LEAST 2-hours long or a 2 part episode.
- With Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson hosting the season finale of Saturday Night Live last weekend, he has officially joined the “Five Timers Club” which is guests who have hosted SNL 5 times or more. That list is a virtual “Who’s Who” of celebrities that are MEGA stars including Tom Hanks, Alec Baldwin, Steve Martin, Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Tina Fey, Drew Barrymore, Ben Affleck, Elliot Gould, Candice Bergen, Danny DeVito, John Goodman, Buck Henry, Scarlett Johansson, Paul Simon, Justin Timberlake, Melissa McCarthy and Christopher Walken.
- To show you the drawing power of The Rock, SNL was the highest rated television show on the broadcast networks FOR THE ENTIRE WEEK.
- On the WWE lawsuit front, the Scott Levy/Marcus Bagwell lawsuit against WWE for royalties for the WWE Network got interesting as Levy’s contract noted that “WWE would pay royalties on video cassettes, videodiscs, CD Rom or other technology, including technology not yet created.” and he is claiming that the “not yet created” portion would include the WWE Network. WWE’s counter to that is that there is no physical product being sold to a consumer like a DVD or CD Rom and instead the WWE Network is more of a license being sold to watch materials. However by that definition, the Network would be similar to a WWE PPV which is a direct sale to a consumer thus would include royalties to the talent such as PPV did when they were contracted. WWE might actually lose this case which would open up a HUGE can of worms with former talents.
WWE EXTREME RULES PPV is on Sunday, June 4th, 2017 from Baltimore, Maryland and the line-up is as follows:#1 CONTENDER’S FATAL FIVE-WAY: Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Seth Rollins vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Finn BalorWWE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE: Dean Ambrose © vs. The Miz w/MaryseWWE RAW WOMEN’S TITLE: Alexa Bliss © vs. Bayley in a KENDO STICK ON A POLE MATCH MatchWWE TAG TEAM TITLES: The Hardys © vs. Sheamus & Cesaro in a STEEL CAGE MATCHWWE CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE: Neville © vs. Austin Aries in a SUBMISSION MATCH
WWE MONEY IN THE BANK PPV is on Sunday, June 18th, 2017 from St. Louis Missouri and the line-up is as follows:WWE TITLE: Jinder Mahal © w/The Singh Brothers vs. Randy OrtonMONEY IN THE BANK MATCH: A.J. Styles vs. Baron Corbin vs. Sami Zayn vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kevin Owens vs. Shinsuke NakamuraSMACKDOWN WOMEN’S TITLE: Naomi © vs. TBD
IMPACT WRESTLING NEWS and NOTES:
- Ed Nordholm, President of Impact Wrestling and a current Executive Vice President in Anthem Sports revealed this week that he has NOT spoken to the people in power at WWE and it is his understanding that they have absolutely NO INTEREST in the “Broken” Hardy characters. He also noted that he has reached out to the Hardy’s to discuss possible arrangements that would be beneficial for both parties. He did make it clear that 100% the “Broken” characters belong to Impact due to the contracts that they signed and compared it to television shows where writers help create characters but if they leave the show, the characters stay with the show they were created for and those writers can’t bring them to a new show.
- There is way too much back and forth here to review but both Ed Nordholm and Dutch Mantell have been tweeting way too much about this case trying to prove TNA is in the right in this situation which is the absolute WRONG thing to do; especially from the president of the company. Matt Hardy and his wife Reby have been defending themselves via Twitter and have been going back and forth on this. Honestly, the attorneys for both sides of this case must be losing their minds.
- The Hardy’s are maintaining that they own the gimmick and all rights associated with it as well as the fact that their contracts were breached a few times including both Senor Benjamin and King Maxel being used on television without being paid by Impact and Matt Hardy hosting tapings at his home in North Carolina that he funded with his own money.
- In an ironic twist, Anthem has reached out to Billy Corgan of all people to play mediator in this scenario and be the middle man between Impact and The Hardy’s to settle this. I cannot make stuff like this up even if I tried. LOL.
- Impact cancelled an Impact viewing party that was scheduled for Manchester England tonight due to the terrorist attacks earlier this week at the Arianna Grande concert in Manchester.
- I have always been a Scott Steiner fan. Even in his WWE days where he wasn’t up to par from a work rate standpoint and even in his early TNA days when he was well past his prime. But seeing him return on Impact this week made me sad inside. Extremely disappointing.
Ring of Honor / Lucha Underground / Independent / International News and Notes:
- Based on the success of the U.S. version of the “War of the Worlds” tour, Ring of Honor announced a “War of the Worlds” U.K. tour which will see shows in August at York Hall in London on August 18th, The Olympia in Liverpool on August 19th and the Corn Exchange in Edinburgh on August 20th. The shows will feature a combination of ROH, New Japan, CMLL and Rev Pro rosters.
- While he has not officially signed a deal, it is believed that Cody will sign full time with Ring of Honor and New Japan soon. He is clearing his independent booking calendar as the summer goes on and is on a real limited schedule outside ROH/NJ starting in August.
- For the first time in several years, ROH will NOT be running a “Field of Honor” show in Brooklyn NY this summer at the Brooklyn Cyclones stadium. They have usually drawn crowds of about 2,000 people but for some reason a date could not be worked out with the Cyclones to hold the event.
- Adam Cole has been KILLED OFF by the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega. Cole is NOT taking any bookings at this time now that he is done with ROH and it is expected that he will sign a contract with WWE soon.
- Why did New Japan make it “a thing” that Jushin Liger was competing in his final Super Juniors tournament only to have him lose every match? Wouldn’t it have been smarter to have him win a few matches and sneak into the finals where he could put someone over and make a new star?
- In a weird story coming out of CMLL in Mexico, CMLL Heavyweight Champion Maximo Sexy, CMLL Light Heavyweight Champion La Mascara and Bobby Villa were all fired from the promotion following an incident where they destroyed the car belonging to Ultimo Guerrero in the parking lot of Arena Mexico. Footage of them destroying the car was recorded by fans and uploaded to social media thus causing the local media in Mexico to run with the story as well. Apparently Guerrero made an inappropriate comment regarding Brazo de Oro following his death on April 28th. La Mascara, Maximo Sexy and Bobby villa are all related to Brazo hence the retaliation.
- Pro Wrestling Guerrilla’s annual “Battle Of Los Angeles (BOLA)” will tape place September 1st through 3rd.
- WWE scout and NXT Commissioner William Regal recently spent a week in Japan scouting new talent. He attended events for All Japan, Zero One, Noah and New Japan.
MMA News and Notes:
- DOWN GOES GARBRADNT....OFFICIALLY. He is now officially out of UFC 213 and his UFC Bantamweight title defense against T.J. Dillashaw. That fight getting cut will severely damper the card. For the annual “Wrestlemania” of UFC, having a main event of Amanda Nunes defending her UFC Women’s Bantamweight Title against Valentina Shevchenko does not scream “star power”. It has been a tough year for UFC with all of their draws not being around. Ideally it would have been big to have Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones on this show but I understand UFC for not wanting to reward Jones with a HUGE payout for headlining this show hence why he is doing the Anaheim show on July 29th.
- With the news of Michael Bisping being out until November and wanting to wait for George St. Pierre as well as with UFC having announced that Cody Garbrandt is OUT of the main event of UFC 213, Yoel Romero vs. Robert Whitaker will face off for an interim middleweight title.
- With the interim title being created, that means that UFC is likely still forging ahead with Michael Bisping defending against George St. Pierre this fall when Bisping is healed from his knee injury.
- UFC is looking to set up a Demetrious Johnson vs. T.J. Dillashaw fight in August for the Fly Weight title however Johnson feels like Dillashaw has not earned a shot since he would be moving down in weight so shouldn’t skip the line and immediately get a title shot. Also, I legit have no idea how Dillashaw is going to cut to 125 when he looks as lean as he possibly could at 135.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov is looking to make his return from injury in October and is hoping to get an interim title shot against Tony Ferguson. The reason for the interim title is because Conor McGregor is not fighting in UFC in 2017 and likely not until mid-2018.
- Speaking of interim champions, despite Conor being stripped of his Featherweight title and Jose Aldo being declared Featherweight Champion after holding an interim title himself, Aldo while wanting a rematch with Conor to settle the score noted earlier this week that he is highly doubtful that a rematch will ever happen.
- In an amazing thing to witness, UFC Heavyweight Champion Stipe Miocic, who has made a lot of money since getting into the UFC title picture, is still working his job at the Cleveland fire department. He has held this job since BEFORE he ever started fighting for UFC.
- Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino has gotten herself into hot water, this time NOT for Performance Enhancing Drugs but instead for punching fellow fighter Angela Magana. Magana had been bashing Justino on social media so when confronted face to face, Cyborg just let her have it. Magana has in fact filed assault charges against Justino so now it is a police issue. It sucks that UFC cannot capitalize on this in the octagon but Magana fights at 115 lbs. Cyborg walks around at 175 lbs.
- The Cyborg confrontation happened at the UFC Fight Summit. There were approximately 400 fighters under UFC contract that were flown into Vegas to meet with UFC management, Reebok, UFC doctors and enjoy the weekend. NBA Legend Kobe Bryant was a special guest speaker and unfortunately for UFC ended up being asked about the NBA Players Union which is the absolute LAST THING UFC management wants fighters thinking about. Snoop Dog was also in attendance and performed a mini-concert. UFC did announce a new partnership with the New York Hospital for Special Surgery where they will be UFC’s “go to” hospital for everything medical related. They will have doctors from said hospital at the UFC Performance Center in Vegas as well as physical therapists, psychiatrists, etc. that will be the be all/end all for UFC injuries. Fighters will go there if they need surgery, to rehab, to work out, etc.
- Props to Kajan Johnson. During the Reebok presentation to the fighters, Johnson asked “How does it feel taking 80% of the fighter’s sponsorship money away?” He was interrupted by a UFC official and spoken to in private regarding his concerns.
- Gegard Mousasi has NOT come to terms on a new deal with UFC as of this writing and noted that he was not pleased with their offer to him. His contract expired with his win over Chris Weidman in April.
- UFC is running a show on Sunday morning at 10:00 am ET from Stockholm Sweden. The main event is Alexander Gustafsson vs. Glover Teixiera.
- Vitor Belfort has sort of changed his tune regarding his June 3rd fight. He noted recently in an interview in Brazil that his fight against Nate Marquardt will be his FINAL fight with UFC. Previously he said he was retiring following that fight but now he is mincing words and saying it is his final UFC fight thus leaving the door open for him to fight elsewhere. Bellator will scoop him up in a second should they get the chance and I believe will throw enough money at him to keep him fighting.
- Rory MacDonald made his Bellator debut last week and dominated Paul Daley before tapping him out with a choke in round 2.
- Bellator has begun talks with former UFC play by play man Mike Goldberg. Talks are preliminary at this point.
- UFC Has signed former kickboxer Gokhan Saki. He is a highlight reel to himself and is also brazen about his comments. He even noted when he announced his signing that he is the best investment UFC has made since Conor McGregor.
UFC 212 is on Saturday, June 3rd, 2017 from Rio De Janeiro Brazil and the line-up is as follows:UNDISPUTED UFC FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE: Jose Aldo © vs. Max Holloway ©Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Claudia GadelhaVitor Belfort vs. Nate Marquardt
UFC 213 is on Saturday, July 8th, 2017 from Las Vegas Nevada and the line-up is as follows:UFC WOMEN’S BANTAMWEIGHT TITLE: Amanda Nunes © vs. Valentina ShevchenkoINTERIM UFC MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE: Yoel Romero vs. Robert WhitakerRobbie Lawler vs. Donald CerroneFabricio Werdum vs. Alistair OvereemAnthony Pettis vs. Jim Miller
UFC 214 is on Saturday, July 29th, 2017 from Anaheim California and the line-up is as follows:UFC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Daniel Cormier © vs. Jon JonesJim Manuwa vs. TBDChan Sung Jung a.k.a The Korean Zombie vs. Ricardo LamasRenan Barao vs. Aljamain SterlingSage Northcutt vs. Claudio Puelles
Random Thoughts, Links, Pics, ETC.
- Random VIDEO of the week: Honest Trailer for “Logan”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week: Official Teaser for Netflix’s “Friends From College”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 2: Official Trailer for “Dark Universe”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 3: Official Teaser for “Pitch Perfect 3”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 4: Final Trailer for “Spider-Man: Homecoming”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 5: Official Teaser for Netflix’s “Castlevania”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 6: Official Teaser for Netflix’s “Ozark”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 7: Honest Game Trailer for “Injustice 2”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 8: Official Trailer for “Wonder”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 9: Latest Trailer for “The Hitman’s Bodyguard”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 10: Official Trailer for “Wind River”
- THIS LINK is for LIFE. Thank you soldiers. WELCOME HOME BLOG
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week: Pray for Manchester. ISIS needs to be stopped once and for all.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 1: Karma. FANTASTIC STUFF!!!
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 2: Odds of him successfully integrating into society without f*cking up and going back to prison? Also, will he have “celebrity” status again?
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 3: I honestly didn’t think this was something people doubted. Seriously, was this ever something that people didn’t consider or thought was possible?
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 4: Why in the world would someone want to do this? The Bunny Ranch never hurt anyone.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 5: As if living in the most high profile city in the world wasn’t scary enough, Homeland Security Director James Kelly put it all in perspective.
- In terrible news that has hit the WB/DC Universe, director Zack Snyder has STEPPED DOWN from directing Justice League following the suicide of his 20 year old daughter in March. Snyder kept her passing under wraps other than some key executives in the company knowing. He and his wife, also a producer on the film, took a 2 week leave from shooting and he decided to come back and finish the film. However he has since realized that burying himself in his work was not helping. WB hired former Marvel/Avengers director Joss Whedon to complete production; hence all of the rumored re-shoots that are being filmed. So while we may finally get a good WB/DC film, it is a real bummer that it is at the expense of Snyder’s loss. A parent should never have to bury their child. EVER.
- Best of luck to The Rock as “Baywatch” opens this weekend and has been PANNED by critics with some very unfavorable reviews. It is weird because the red band trailer of the film looks funny to me. Let’s see how much goodwill Dwayne has generated because the success or failure of this movie will rest entirely on him. If the film is bad but has a solid opening weekend, it will 100% be because of him.
- Resident Evil, which was turned into a FIVE FILM series starring Milla Jovovich that was wrapped up with “Resident Evil: The Final Chapter” in 2016 is being REBOOTED into a SIX FILM FRANCHISE!!! WTF?!?!?!?!?!
- Absolutely disappointed in the season finale of The Flash. The episode felt extremely anti-climactic after a season’s worth of build. I was also disappointed with the bait and switch of the episode as well as the cliffhanger.
- I was NOT disappointed in the season finale of Arrow however. Arrow was excellent from beginning to end and Adrian Chase a.k.a. Prometheus was the 2nd best villain the show has ever seen after Slade Wilson. Speaking of Deathstroke, he was f*cking awesome in this episode. The show was kicking on all cylinders and the finale was great.
- I need to catch up on Supergirl. I am about 5 episodes behind but will get around to it soon. I heard that finale was good as well.
- Taking some of my time from catching up on Supergirl, Law & Order: SVU and some other stuff has been Netflix’s fantastic show “13 Reasons Why”. You should definitely watch this when you get a chance.
- Actress Rosario Dawson has been jumped ship from the Marvel Cinematic Universe where she is a central character to the Netflix shows and has joined the X-Men Cinematic Universe over at FOX. She has been cast as the lead in the upcoming “New Mutants” film as Dr. Cecilia Reyes, a doctor and former member of the X-Men who’s ability is being able to generate force fields. The film will NOT bring back James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier or Alexandra Ship as Storm which was originally rumored. No idea if or how this will affect her role as Nurse Claire Templeton over in the Netflix universe if at all.
- For the handful of you who are like me and fans of NBC’s Chicago P.D., actress Sophia Bush is departing the show and will not be returning next year for Season 5. She noted that she wants to work on her film career and if you saw the finale you noticed that it was left open for a return for a guest stint next season. It is a shame because contrary to what she says, her and her co-star who plays officer Jay Halstead were in a relationship outside the show and recently broke up. Since the real life break-up, the characters were also broken up on screen and they shared a significant decrease in screen time together after that. So one has to wonder if 2 + 2 = 4.
Feel free to discuss whatever you'd like on the “Board” where I can do my best to answer anything you’d like. Also drop a comment in the comment box below as I try my best to answer in a timely fashion. You can also tweet me on the tweeter. I reply there as well. Questions, Corrections, Comments, Feedback or Ideas: EMAIL ME .