Good day to you all and welcome to We Want Insanity. I am your host for today, Matt Dawgs and this is my column. Today is the end of the work week and the time to look back at all the goings-on over the past seven days as I wrap it up with a bow and spout it out bit by bit. Buckle up. Enjoy the ride.
MATT NOTE: Potato.
WWE NEWS AND NOTES:
- WWE is marred in some controversy as Randy Orton was pulled from the WWE Smackdown Backlash PPV on Sunday due to “an injury caused by Bray Wyatt” during the show. This is newsworthy because apparently Orton was injured going into the event as the rumor that is circulating is that he suffered a concussion due to the elbows from Brock Lesnar at Summerslam. This is a HUGE deal for WWE because they allowed Lesnar to elbow Orton in order to get color for the finish and Orton did in fact wrestle on television (although he did not take any bumps) on Smackdown that following week. Being that WWE is in the midst of being sued for concussions and the fact that Daniel Bryan was legit forced into retirement over them, this is a way dumb place to try and skate on. WWE obviously has not confirmed that Orton has a concussion or if he even suffered one.
- Congrats to A.J. Styles as he is finally where he deserves to be, he defeated Dean Ambrose to become WWE Champion. In my eyes, a title he should have held YEARS AGO although couldn’t because he never made the jump to WWE.
- WWE will be phasing out the name “WWE TITLE” and slowly transitioning it to the “World Title”. You know, cause Universal is BIGGER than The World thus RAW is bigger than Smackdown. The Tag and Women’s belts will be known as the brand belt so Raw Tag Team Champions and Smackdown Tag Team Champions, etc. The U.S. and I.C. titles will remain named the same.
- You hear that? That is the sound of Apollo Crews career heading in a tailspin. He suffered another clean job, this time against Baron Corbin.
- Congrats also go out to Becky Lynch for becoming the first Smackdown Women’s Champion.
- Well done by the Usos for getting rid of the face paint and the colorful gear going all in with their heel turn.
- Kane substituted for Randy Orton at the PPV on Sunday and soundly defeated Bray Wyatt. WHAT. THE. F*CK? Can Bray get an important win? Please? Anyone?
- For those of you who did NOT see C.M. Punk’s UFC debut on Saturday, Dolph Ziggler and Miz re-enacted the fight move from move to start off their Intercontinental Title match on Sunday.
- It is pretty common knowledge that Vince McMahon absolutely hates when fans get their hopes up for something that they will never be able to deliver on which is exactly why I am skeptical as to why they are continuing to go down the route with this Daniel Bryan vs. Miz feud. Bryan earlier this week noted in an associated press interview that he would love to wrestle once again in the future and that all of the doctors he has been to INCLUDING the one who told him about the brain injury that forced him into retirement have said he can wrestle. WWE is the lone holdout. Bryan noted that there have been times including recently where he was fed up and felt like calling WWE and demanding his release but he has a family to think about that prevented him from doing so. But he also noted that when he sees a poll on WWE.com asking if fans who they’d like to see him wrestle against if he returned pisses him off. With all that being said, I completely think they are going to build to a match with Miz. One week they have Bryan say that he and Miz will be kept apart due to their altercation on Talking Smack and then next week they are back in segments together and last week Miz even does some of Bryan’s moves. They are making it painfully obvious that it is what they are leading to.
- Despite acting like a jerk on television, Seth Rollins is officially a face as far as the writing team goes which is interesting because unless they turn Dean Ambrose or Roman Reigns heel, all three members of the Shield are now babyfaces and the writing team is looking to possibly doing a mini-reunion at one of the joint branded PPV events. They are targeting The Royal Rumble unless something changes between now and then.
- Still no answer as to why HHH did what he did to Seth Rollins. SMH. Although as I said last week, there was a ZERO PERCENT CHANCE that HHH showed up on the first RAW that goes up against Monday Night Football. Honorable mention goes out to his wife Stephanie who also happened to miss RAW due to her “speaking engagement”. It so happens that without either of them on the show, it was the lowest rated episode since October 1996.
- I like Mick Foley and think having him around full time is great for the show and the product because he can literally get almost any angle over just based on his promo ability but is it just me or does anyone else get a creepy vibe from him when he talks about his “friendships” with the females on the roster?
- Way too soon to be beating Bayley. I don’t care if Sasha Banks is getting the next title shot. They should have pinned Dana Brooke or go with some controversy instead. It looked like Sasha’s shoulders were also down when she made the pin. Go that route.
- Also way too soon to turn Dana on Charlotte. The crowd, while popping big for her slap, isn’t ready for a Dana Brooke vs. Charlotte feud. Hell, Dana isn’t ready for it either. She won’t be able to hold up her end of the feud from an in the ring standpoint.
- I cannot imagine Primo and Epico’s faces when they were told they were being repackaged from El Matadors to the Shining Stars and then ending up selling timeshares on television. That cannot be what they were promised or envisioned.
- I LOVE the idea of Cesaro using the ropes for leverage to pin Sheamus even though he is a babyface because it shows how far he is willing to go in order to win and get a title shot. Good booking.
- Poor Alicia Fox. OUCH.
- Glad to see WWE recognize how awful the “Old Day” segment was last week and acknowledge it on television.
- So Jack Swagger has officially moved from Raw to Smackdown. Apparently they are building some sort of angle out of it. It is supposed to be a “big deal”. That being said, WWE really doesn’t need to have talent lose “on the way out” since he jobbed to Jinder Mahal on RAW. How does that look when you are debuting someone new and they just finished losing to a certified jobber less than 24 hours earlier?
- Goddamn that verbal burial of Seth Rollins by Kevin Owens was something else huh? I mean I wasn’t involved but even my ass hurt after that. He completely obliterated him.
- I like that Cena is back and is finally focused on being champion once again. He and A.J. work well together and hopefully they will force Ambrose to elevate his game since he has not been up to speed yet.
- Mojo Rawley definitely isn’t ready for the main roster. No way.
- Congratulations to T.J. Perkins as he won the Cruiserweight Classic Tournament and has been crowned the new WWE Cruiserweight Champion with his debut set for this coming Monday on RAW. He defeated Grand Metallik in an excellent match in the finals. Not to take anything away from Perkins as he has ALWAYS been an excellent worker, he was not the first choice to win the tournament as it was expected that either Kota Ibushi or Zack Sabre Jr. would be crowned the champion when it was announced but neither has signed full time with WWE.
- Emma was backstage at RAW on Monday and participating in a photoshoot for her return. It is interesting because her boyfriend Zack Ryder is on the Smackdown brand. She has been out of action since May following back surgery.
- WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon underwent surgery earlier this week to repair a completely torn quad muscle that was suffered during training when he was doing heavy squats. Surgery was a success however he has a long road of recovery ahead. When Triple H tore his quad, he was out of action for 8 months. That was over a decade ago and he was in his 30’s. Vince is 71. You do the math.
- “The Big Guy” formerly known as WWE’s Ryback is trying to once again be known as Ryback. No, he hasn’t re-signed with WWE. Apparently before his contract expired with WWE, he went to court in Las Vegas to have his name legally changed from Ryan Reeves to Ryback Reeves. He has a court date coming soon to see if it is successful and if it is, WWE is going to be very unhappy because a lot of talent may attempt to do the same.
- In what was a definite d*ck move, Alberto Del Rio mentioned in an interview that Andrade Cien Almas is unhappy in NXT and wants to return to Mexico. Why Del Rio would make that public when I am 100% positive that he was told that in confidence is beyond me. I am certain there will be repercussions over it for Andrade.
- Speaking of Del Rio, his girlfriend Paige had his name tattooed on her rib cage. She also released a statement noting that despite the rumors, she is NOT leaving WWE anytime soon and looks forward to returning to action once her injury has healed. She also noted that she respects the WWE Wellness Policy and understands why she was suspended but made it clear that she did NOT fail a drug test but instead failed to take the test in the required time to do so when she was called. So it was a failure by default rather than a legit failure. I do not believe for a second that this issue between her and WWE is over by a longshot.
- For the record, her suspension is up on Sunday. She is free to return to television as soon as next week. Many assume she will appear on RAW on Monday which is odd since she is on the Smackdown brand. She did in fact give WWE notice last week but has since rescinded that and it expected to return meaning that she and WWE talked it out or someone whether Del Rio or her family smartened her up to her future if she left WWE.
- Del Rio noted that he plans on following the steps of Cody Rhodes in that he does not want to sign an exclusive contract with anyone. He wants to freelance and pick and choose where he works. So this will be interesting to see how bad TNA and ROH want him as well as Lucha Underground. He also revealed that his Wellness Suspension was for Testosterone Replacement Therapy which he is undergoing. WWE no longer allows TRT with the exception for those who were “grandfathered” in following the new Wellness policy in 2007. He feels it is unfair since he medically needs it but understands that it is in fact the policy and has been for years so he didn’t fight it nor hold it against the company.
- And speaking of Rhodes, he revealed in an interview that he was supposed to face actor Stephen Amell last year at Hell in a Cell in a singles match but it was nixed by Vince McMahon at the last minute. He noted that he was used to stuff like that happening all the time because plans change in wrestling but Amell took it hard because he isn’t used to stuff like that changing so he had begun working out for it only to be told that it wasn’t going to happen.
- WWE women Eva Marie has been cast as the co-star opposite Nicholas Cage in an action movie titled “Inconsolable” which likely means that she will take additional time off following her suspension which ends shortly.
- Look, it’s Bo Dallas GETTING ARRESTED from a few weeks back.
- If you didn’t hear Chris Jericho’s podcast with “His Best Friend” Kevin Owens then you should. Owens comes off as so likeable and the stories the two tell are fantastic including a great John Cena story that once again shows that even if you don’t like him as a wrestler, you have to respect him as a person.
- Congrats to Scotty 2 Hotty as he has taken a position at the WWE Performance Center as a trainer. He is also still working as a firefighter in the Orlando area.
- The 2nd Annual Dusty Rhodes Invitational Tag Team Tournament in NXT surprisingly began at yesterday’s NXT tapings. The tournament will last several weeks and the finals are going to be held at the next NXT Takeover event in November.
- Glad to see that Eric Young is officially back. He made his return at the TV tapings last night. I won’t spoil how he debut but apparently it is a big deal. Good for him. He is a good hand to have.
- Shelton Benjamin has been informed by WWE that his offer is still on the table once he completely recovers from his rotator cuff surgery. He should debut before Wrestlemania.
- WWE has continued their new tradition of providing educational scholarships to former WWE employees to continue their education. Last year went to former WWE Diva Maria Kanellis. This year WWE provided $5,000 scholarships to Jamie Keyes a former ring announcer, Kim Neilsen who wrestled in developmental and later in TNA under the name Desire and Anthony “The Promise” Thomas of the Heartbreakers tag team.
- The ESPN 30 for 30 Documentary on Ric Flair that was scheduled to debut at the end of this month has been pushed back to the spring of 2017. It was an ESPN programming decision.
- There has been no official edict one way or another by WWE but they have been subtly adding Hulk Hogan back in their commercials on television and on the WWE Network. Nothing is worked out with him nor have there been any talks, it is just more of a quietly pretending as if nothing happened and ease him back in as if he never left.
- R.I.P. to Colton Rood the 19 year old son of former WWE/WCW Star Richard Roode (Rick Rude) as he was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident last weekend in Georgia.
- R.I.P. to 20 year old Jonah Snyder as he was a student at Seth Rollins’ “Black and Brave” Wrestling Academy in Moline Illinois. Snyder was training as usual when he felt ill. His trainers told him to sit out the drills when he got progressively worse and an ambulance was called. When they arrived he went into cardiac arrest and passed away. While an autopsy was inconclusive, no foul play is suspected and the school doesn’t appear to be at fault. Rollins was NOT in the building when the student passed away.
- The “Crossface” movie on “He Who Shall Not Be Named” is moving rather quickly after signing Academy Award Winning director Lexi Alexander. Casting has begun and the movie will basically follow his life and not solely focus on his crimes or his final days.
WWE RAW CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS PPV is on Sunday, September 25th, 2016 from Indianapolis Indiana and the line-up is as follows:WWE UNIVERSAL TITLE: Kevin Owens © vs. Seth RollinsRAW TAG TEAM TITLES: The New Day © (Kofi Kingston/Big E./Xavier Woods) vs. The Club (Luke Gallows/Karl Anderson)RAW WOMEN’S TITLE: Charlotte © w/Dana Brooke vs. Sasha BanksEnzo Amore & Big Cass vs. The Shining Stars
WWE SMACKDOWN NO MERCY PPV is on Sunday, October 9th, 2016 from Sacramento California and the line-up is as follows:WWE TITLE: “The Phenomenal” A.J. Styles © vs. Dean Ambrose vs. John CenaWWE SMACKDOWN WOMEN’S TITLE: Becky Lynch © vs. Alexa Bliss
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING NEWS and NOTES:
- So TNA is apparently STILL owned by Dixie Carter. The deal to sell to Billy Corgan has NOT been finalized and while Corgan does own a percentage of the company and is in charge as the President. Aroluxe owns a percentage due to fronting the production costs of a television taping and TNA not paying them back by a certain date. Carter still owns about 70% of the company but she and Corgan are in talks to have Corgan own majority interest.
- Matt Hardy and Brother Nero are AWESOME.
- TNA has been pushing very hard to sign Alberto Del Rio to a deal. No word on how close/far they are but they are being super aggressive in their pursuit.
- Rebel, who while hot was NOT one of the best women wrestlers I have seen, is done with the promotion. Her contract expired and TNA did not renew.
- David Angle, brother of former WWE/TNA Star Kurt Angle was sentenced to 10 years in prison for the manslaughter of his wife last year.
Ring of Honor / Lucha Underground / Independent / International News and Notes:
- ROH Champion Adam Cole’s contract expires on December 31st. So keep an eye out for whatever the main event for Final Battle is going to be because NXT is super interested in Cole and rumor is he was informed that he would be NXT champion shortly after his debut.
- The first match of the Trios Tournament will be held on the September 30th All Star Extravaganza PPV which is The Briscoes & Toru Tano vs. ACH, Lio Rush and Jay White.
- The co-main event of that show will be a “Ladder Wars” match for the tag team titles with the Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs. The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelly & Chris Sabin) vs. The Young Bucks (Nick and Matt Jackson) which will be AMAZING as Kazarian has already gone on record saying that they plan on topping the Edge/Christian vs. The Hardys vs. The Dudleyz match.
- ROH announced that Will Ospreay will be facing Marty Scurill when they debut in the UK in November.
- New Japan Pro Wrestling is looking to bring in Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly soon.
- Shibata may need to vacate the New Japan Pro Wrestling Never Title due to a severe spinal injury that may force him to miss a significant amount of time.
- Ronda Rousey made a surprised, unannounced appearance at Absolute Intense Wrestling last weekend in Cleveland Ohio to help celebrate the first independent wrestling title win by fellow Four Horsewomen Shayna Baszler. Rousey was going to be in town for her boyfriend Travis Browne’s fight on Saturday thus decided to take a road trip with Jessamyn Duke from California to Cleveland.
- Global Force Wrestling. Remember that?
MMA News and Notes:
- As expected, Phil “C.M. Punk” Brooks showed that he was not even a novice when it comes to MMA as he was quickly and easily dismantled at UFC 203 by Mickey Gall as he was choked out in under 2 minutes. He was just out of his league and even though he noted following his fight that he isn’t done with MMA, Dana White said following the show that in all likelihood if C.M. Punk chooses to fight again, it probably shouldn’t be in UFC. He needs to go elsewhere, hone his skills and then attempt to come back.
- Major props to Punk for coming out to “Cult of Personality”. I miss that song.
- Stipe Miocic retained the UFC World Heavyweight Title by pummeling Alistair Overeem last weekend winning in spectacular fashion via TKO. Overeem did knock Miocic down early in the first but was not able to capitalize. He claims he felt Miocic tap out when he locked in a guillotine but that was quickly proved wrong by instant replay when Joe Rogan put him on the spot.
- Travis Browne legit called “timeout” during his fight with Fabricio Werdum and IT WAS GRANTED?!?!?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!?! It happened when Browne dislocated his finger blocking a punch by Werdum. The fight should have ended immediately there since nothing illegal happened but after popping his finger back into place he was ruled eligible to continue. So insane that this happened with so many people with knowledge of MMA at ringside.
- The Heavyweight title picture is totally up in the air with Cain Velasquez and Fabrico Werdum both laying claim to being the number one contender although Junior Dos Santos being the last person to defeat Miocic. It got a lot more tricky with Jon Jones trainer saying that Jones is willing to move up to heavyweight to fight Stipe Miocic for the title and then UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier mentioning that he is the champion, he is 2 – 0 as a heavyweight and he isn’t currently serving a suspension for failing a drug test. So things are heating up.
- Urijah Faber needs to start thinking about the next stage of his life as he lost his fight last weekend and in losing, looked like a broken down fighter. It is obvious that while he still has a mind for MMA and physically looks the part, his skill level is deteriorating and he isn’t as explosive as he used to be.
- Early estimates for UFC 203 has it around 700,000 PPV buys which is fantastic and puts it as the 4th highest PPV number of the year following the 2 Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz fights and UFC 200. In reality, that may be UFC over estimating based on internet buys and the real number will probably land around 500,000. That is still fantastic as UFC was guesstimating around 280,000 – 300,000 leading into the fight. The point is, even though he had no fight background and realistically no shot at winning, he is a draw. UFC made significantly more revenue with him on the show than had he not been on the show.
- C.M. Punk made $500,000 for his loss while his opponent Mickey Gall made $30,000. For those of you complaining about Punk’s pay for the evening, here it is put in perspective. Not counting any PPV bonuses he may get a cut of, $500,000 – 17,000 additional PPV buys. Are you honestly telling me that Punk did not get UFC 17,000 more buys than they estimated? Cause they absolutely did a few hundred thousand more buys then they would have had he not been on the card.
- Gall at least is smart about business and wants to strike while the iron is hot as he immediately challenged the “golden boy” Sage Northcutt to a fight at Madison Square Garden in NYC. Gall is looking to capitalize on the value of defeating Punk and a win over Northcutt will put him in a cult limelight. Hopefully he gets the shot and wins but it is more likely that Northcutt avoids that fight like the plague.
- Punk spent a few minutes talking to Gall following the loss and many wondered what was said. Punk clarified at the post fight press conference where he noted that he congratulated Gall and then told him under no circumstances should he sell himself short ever again as long as he is fighting. He said he told him this because leading up to the fight all Gall kept telling reporters was that he shouldn’t be on the main card and he should be on the poster for the fight since it is his 2nd fight. Punk told him that EVERYONE is going to say that so he shouldn’t. He needs to embrace it and accept the opportunity he is being given. No reason for him to agree with the press or the fans. He earned his spot and it is his job to convince everyone that he does in fact deserve it.
- In a weird story that most certainly will end up with a lawsuit, C.B. Dollaway had to pull out of his fight last weekend due to a back injury caused by the UFC hotel elevator malfunctioning and free falling suddenly for 3 floors. He was forced out of his fight and was not the only person injured in the elevator.
- Luke Rockhold vs. Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza 2 is confirmed for the UFC fight night on November 27th in Melbourne Australia.
- Kevin Gastelum has replaced Robbie Lawler at UFC 205 in Madison Square Garden to face “Cowboy” Donald Cerrone. Notice I did not say “the injured” Robbie Lawler. Reason being is because no explanation has been given as to why Lawler is off the show as the fight was agreed to last week and then the following day the story broke that Lawler was out. My assumption is that they have decided to pull Lawler from the show and he will be the opponent named for the returning George St. Pierre on the December UFC 206 show from Toronto.
- The Nevada State Athletic Commission has set an October 10th date for the Brock Lesnar and Jon Jones drug test failure hearings as well as a disciplinary hearing for the Conor McGregor/Nate Diaz bottle throwing incident at the press conference for UFC 202. Neither will be suspended for it but there will be some heavy fines over the incident.
- UFC is ahead of last year’s pace of 8.8 million PPV buys. They are currently sitting at 6.35 million which is NOT counting last week’s UFC 203 PPV. If Conor McGregor fights on the Madison Square Garden card in New York in November, they will easily break that number.
- Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero is close to being finalized as the co-main event for UFC 205 show in MSG.
- 2016 Olympic Gold medalist Kyle Snyder, despite previously stating he had no interest, was at UFC 203 in Cleveland as UFC’s guests to watch the show and to negotiate with UFC about possibly joining the company. He has now changed his tune and said he is interested in fighting in UFC as well as continuing to train for the Olympics in 2020.
- The MMA Documentary titled “The Hurt Business” will be released in theaters on September 29th. It follows the lives of Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm, Rashad Evans and more through their everyday lives and training for fights.
- Bellator has announced the signing of former UFC star “The American Gangster” Chael Sonnen to a multi fight deal. Sonnen had been hinting at a comeback for several months now including adding his name to USADA testing for active fighters. He had served a 2 year suspension for a PED failure and many thought he’d retire completely but he had the itch and is coming back. He was still contracted to UFC but requested and was granted his release. In all honesty, Bellator is a better fit for him at this time because of his age, his long layoff and the lesser competition. He can be a huge asset/draw for them and has a better shot at being a star than he did in the middleweight or even welterweight division of UFC. Sonnen is looking to fight between the middleweight and light heavyweight weight classes and is aiming for November for his first fight. He wants a fight with Tito Ortiz.
UFC 204UFC MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE: Michael Bisping © vs. Dan HendersonVitor Belfort vs. Gegard MousasiOvince Saint Preux vs. Jim ManuwaStefan Struve vs. Ruslan Magomedov
UFC 205Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad EvansDonald Cerrone vs. Kevin GastelumThiago Alves vs. Al Iaquinta
UFC 206TBD vs. TBD
Random Thoughts, Links, Pics, ETC.
- Random VIDEO of the week: Honest Trailer for “Captain America: Civil War”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week: Official Trailer for “Live by Night”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 2: Official Trailer for “50 Shades Darker”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 3: Latest Trailer for “All Eyez On Me”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 4: Official Red Band Trailer for “The Edge of Seventeen”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 5: I stopped watching South Park YEARS ago but in honor of their 20th Season, here is one of the funniest goddamn clips they have ever aired. I still laugh to this day.
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 6: Deadpool in “Captain America: Civil War”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 7: Official Trailer for “Disney’s Moana”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 8: Official Trailer for “Birth of a Dragon” a.k.a. the true story of the infamous Bruce Lee vs. Wong Jack Man fight.
- THIS LINK is for LIFE. Thank you soldiers. WELCOME HOME BLOG
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week: So Magic Johnson was kind of a d*ckhead.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 1: Why even have a trial or jail him? Just kill the son of a b*tch!!!
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 2: I am torn on whether or not to believe him. I have been following this story for a long time now and while it is plausible that he is telling the truth, is he believable?
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 3: I am in complete and utter shock that this almost happened back in 1980 and has probably almost happened a bunch of times both before and after this event. Holy sh*t!!!
- Random ARTICLE of the week PART 4: Damn. This is kind of a sad story. I hope they are able to identify the man and notify his family. There is a chance that someone lost a loved one and never got the closure needed.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 5: Where all my anti-iPhone fans who love Samsung’s Galaxy at? LOL.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 6: You know how I keep noting that vigilante justice should be legal? Well one day you will be reading James Bullock’s version of this column cause I will be in prison somewhere for murdering someone like the person mentioned in this article. I am telling you, I am getting sick and tired of reading stories like this and eventually am going to snap and get all “Frank Castle” on people.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 7: This film looks terribly awesome. LOL. Too bad the P*ssification of America may f*ck it up.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 8: Always worried about Michael Jackson’s kids. As normal as they want to be, they are always going to have that cloud of his legacy, life and drama over their shoulders.
- Netflix has cast English actor Ben Barnes as a series regular for the upcoming “Punisher” series opposite Jon Bernthal. Rumor circulating the comic book world is that Barnes will be playing mobster Bobby Saint.
- Actor Vincent D’Onofrio confirmed that Wilson Fisk a.k.a. The Kingpin will be returning to the Marvel Netflix Universe BEFORE Daredevil season 3 but would not confirm which show he will be returning in. So he could have a guest appearance in Luke Cage, Iron Fist or the Defenders.
- Aerosmith front man Steven Tyler is campaigning to be cast in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3”.
- Ironman 3 actress Rebecca Hall revealed in a candid interview that she was set to play the main villain in Marvel’s “Ironman 3” before the script was rewritten due to the orders of former ousted Marvel Cinematic Universe head Ike Perlmutter. Perlmutter’s argument was that a female villain wouldn’t sell enough toys. The movie was re-done to have Guy Pearce’s “Aldrich Killian play the main villain instead. Hall agreed to the lesser role in exchange for a decent death scene and additional scenes shot with Ironman, which Robert Downey Jr. supported fully and went to director Shane Black to pitch additional scenes. That goes to show you how Marvel was disorganized until Kevin Feige made his power play to have Perlmutter completely off of the MCU and moved to the TV division.
- Actor Billy Crudup is in final talks to join WB/DC’s “The Flash” as Henry Allen.
- Academy Award Winning actress Anne Hathaway revealed in a recent interview that she is interested in reprising her WB/DC role as Catwoman from “The Dark Knight Rises” in the new DCU.
- Actress Margot Robbie has been named an executive producer for the Harley Quinn spinoff movie of Suicide Squad.
- Apparently Isaac Hayes DIDN’T QUIT South Park.
Feel free to discuss whatever you'd like on the “Board" where I can do my best to answer anything you’d like. Also drop a comment in the comment box below as I try my best to answer in a timely fashion. You can also tweet me on the tweeter. I reply there as well. Questions, Corrections, Comments, Feedback or Ideas: EMAIL ME .