Good day to you all and welcome to We Want Insanity. I am your host for today, Matt Dawgs and this is my column. Today is the end of the work week and the time to look back at all the goings-on over the past seven days as I wrap it up with a bow and spout it out bit by bit. Buckle up. Enjoy the ride.
MATT NOTE: As of this column going up, TNA has NOT been sold and time is running out on whether or not they will have a PPV this Sunday as schedule. There are strong rumors that MANY undercard talents on the roster had their flights cancelled for Bound For Glory late last night but I have NOT been able to verify that. Either way, this isn’t looking good.
WWE NEWS AND NOTES:
- The 1st Presidential Debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton DEMOLISHED Raw’s rating on Monday making it the lowest rated RAW in the history of the show. Yes, no RAW ever had a lower rating and you can actually go back to Primetime Wrestling’s ratings before RAW began to see that no Primetime was lower either. I certainly didn’t watch RAW live on Monday and 84 million other people didn’t either because that is how many people watched the debate. WOW.
- So I DVR’d Raw and Smackdown and read the results before watching. Once again, both of these programs SUCKED ASS. So I am not going to sit here and type up my thoughts on everything that happened on shows because I do not want to relive how awful they truly were. Raw was phoned in because I 100% believe they knew that they were going to get hammered in the ratings due to the debate so they didn’t do anything noteworthy. So here are some brief feelings.
- I will reiterate, Jericho and Owens are the best thing in WWE today and it isn’t even close.
- I saw Mick Foley get absolutely castrated on live television by Stephanie McMahon and it was mind boggling how he stood there like a p*ssy and took it from her. Cactus Jack let Stephanie verbally destroy him and make him look like a fool. I do not get why they feel the need to write her like that. It does no good to the talents and makes them seem completely inferior. It is a gazillion time worse since we are supposed to see Foley as an authority figure that we need to neutralize Stephanie in the end. But nope, that isn’t allowed either.
- I cannot believe that when Rusev and Roman Reigns were fighting in the audience, Corey Graves said “They are fighting in the WWE Universe”. Honestly, even though he is 71 years old, Vince McMahon cannot believe this sounds like something normal people would say. I get the branding they want but don’t force it down our throats at inopportune times.
- The New Day has surpassed 400 days as tag team champions. The record is held by Demolition who had a 477 day title reign. That would be December 13th. So they will likely have a tag team title match on the December 12th RAW and either lose it a day before they break the record thus ending up tied or they will hold it and lose it on the December 18th PPV.
- Kofi Kingston accidently busted himself open on Monday and needed 8 staples to close the cut when he was thrown into the ring steps by Luke Gallows.
- Drew Gulak’s appearance on RAW Monday does NOT mean he is in the cruiserweight division. He is NOT under contract. He is under a deal with Gabe Sapolsky’s EVOLVE however due to their working relationship.
- Quality control people. I don’t get how Lince Dorado came out with Gulak and he was announced as being from New Jersey when literally 4 seconds later they air an inset promo when he talked about being from Puerto Rico.
- The Seth Rollins face turn isn’t working. It isn’t because fans don’t want to cheer him because I am sure they do and they actually were when he came back from his knee injury which in all honesty is when they should have turned him. With that being said, the reason the turn isn’t clicking is because Rollins main point of contention is that he is upset because the Authority heels who cheated for him to win all the time, turned their back on him and are cheating for someone else now. No one wants a good guy being a cry baby about not having matches and decisions handed to you by those in charge. It is so stupid. His argument should strictly be that he is pissed because he was cheated out of being WWE Universal Champion.
- Bray Wyatt NEEDS to beat Randy Orton. Does anyone else think WWE realizes this? They want to continue to push him as a “God” and make him this main event level heel yet he doesn’t win, EVER.
- Quality control people. It is hard to take announced seriously when Mauro Ranallo opens up Smackdown noting that it is the first time in Smackdown Live history that the WWE title will be defended when literally on the 1st ever Smackdown Live on July 19th which was the same episode of the draft, Dean Ambrose defended the WWE title against Seth Rollins.
- Sucks that Dolph Ziggler is putting up his career for his next I.C. Title shot against Miz because I am thoroughly enjoying Miz as a character right now. He is fantastic and I don’t want to see him lose the title. WWE has been all about breaking title streaks with Nikki Bella becoming longest reigning Divas champ last year and the New Day and the tag team titles. I’d love to see Miz beat Honky Tonk Man’s record. The amount of heat he could get from being the longest reigning I.C. Champion of all time would be insane.
- Chris Jericho is hosting a LIVE “Talk is Jericho” over Survivor Series weekend in Toronto with special guest WWE Champion A.J. Styles.
- Devon Dudley has already begun his new position as an agent/producer in WWE as he worked on RAW this past Monday. He tweeted that he loves his new role.
- Paige was once again backstage at RAW this week but she was NOT backstage at the Clash of Champions PPV. She was in Mexico that weekend with her boyfriend Alberto El Patron at a wrestling event. She is going to be missing a significant amount of time as she revealed earlier this week that she is going to need to undergo neck surgery. She said she has two different options on which type of surgery she is weighing.
- If you are wondering where the Big Show and Mark Henry have been lately, WWE has been using them both strictly in a public relations role and doesn’t plan on them wrestling much more, if at all. Both have been working limited schedules over the past year and the idea is to transition them both out of in-ring roles. Henry had been talking about retiring this year for some time and many expected this last Wrestlemania to be his last show. Big Show has noted that he plans on retiring soon but never gave a specific time frame. He will be used still but more in a special attraction role and likely never used full time again.
- Props to Chris Jericho as he donated $3,000 to former WWE star Rico Constantino’s Go Fund Me campaign to help pay for his medical expenses.
- Roman Reigns capturing the U.S. title on Sunday meant that all three Shield members have won both the WWE and U.S. titles. That is a pretty impressive feat.
- Best wishes to WWE agent/producer Jaime Noble as he was stabbed twice Wednesday evening outside of his trailer park home following his return from WWE TV this week. He and his girlfriend arrived at the home when she went to take a bath and he left to get some food. Upon return, a man pulled up behind his car and began arguing claiming that Noble cut him off. Noble apologized but the argument continued. It got physical and Noble took the man down. That is when two additional men exited the other car and one stabbed Noble twice in the back. Once in the upper back towards the shoulder and once in the middle back near his spine.
- Four Horsewoman Shayna Baszler is in Orlando this week at the WWE Performance Center at a tryout she was invited to. Baszler requested her UFC release last year after going 0 – 2 losing to Bethe Correia and the current UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Amanda Nunes.
- Shout out to Eddie Kingston who is also getting a tryout this weekend at the Performance Center. HUGE!!!
- Also trying out is independent female Kimber Lee and Cedric Rougeau, son of former WWE Star Jacques Rougeau a.k.a. the Mountie and Jacob Fatu who you can tell where he is from due to his last name. He is the of the Tonga Kid.
- NXT is turning Andrade Cien Almas heel and there is talk of him bringing his mask back to reprise his Mexico gimmick. With him being disgruntled as he is, it is likely that if his heel turn flops, he isn’t going to be long for NXT.
- Kota Ibushi is coming back for the Dusty Classic in NXT and will be teaming with Hideo Itami. WOW. He is still NOT under contract but had told WWE that he is absolutely willing to continue to work on a per appearance basis. That is why he did not win the Cruiserweight Title as WWE did not want to put their belt on a non-contracted talent. He was the original pick to win.
- Gran Metalik will not debut on RAW until November most likely as WWE is allowing him to complete all of his contracted dates in Mexico under his Mascara Dorada gimmick.
- Happy Birthday to Stephanie McMahon as she turned 40 years old last weekend.
- The 2017 Royal Rumble is set to take place in San Antonio Texas this year. There were a ton of rumblings that it would be Los Angeles.
- WWE Hall of Famer Tamara “Sunny” Sytch was arrested last week for violating her parole. She is being held without bail pending her hearing. No word on what the violation was for but she was supposed to be tested for alcohol twice a week and considering she was rushed to the hospital last week and was arrested immediately upon being released from the emergency room, well you can figure it out. Where there is smoke, there is fire.
- WWE has successfully had the huge concussion lawsuit being led by several former stars including WWE Hall of Famer Paul Orndorff, James “Road Warrior Animal” Laurinaitis, WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka and others moved to Judge Vanessa Bryant’s courtroom in Connecticut. Judge Bryant is the judge who has ruled to dismiss all of the additional concussion lawsuits against WWE. WWE is also looking to get the recent Buff Bagwell and Raven lawsuit regarding royalties from the WWE Network moved to her court as well which in turn will be successfully thrown out.
- Say what you want about WWE’s current product being stale or too many hours of TV to keep up on each week but I cannot fathom why some people are complaining about the amount of PPV’s on the WWE Network. I am saying this because earlier this morning I saw someone on a message board saying that they are cancelling their subscription to the WWE Network due to the sheer amount of extra PPV’s that are on the calendar with the brand split. WHAT?!?!?! Seriously? WWE is giving you MORE content for $9.99 a month and you are out? How does that make sense? No one is forcing you to watch the extra PPV’s. Hell, I’m not watching them and it is my job. But for the tape library alone the value is well worth the cost not counting all of the original content and shows they put out. Mind blown.
WWE SMACKDOWN NO MERCY PPV is on Sunday, October 9th, 2016 from Sacramento California and the line-up is as follows:WWE TITLE: “The Phenomenal” A.J. Styles © vs. Dean Ambrose vs. John CenaWWE SMACKDOWN WOMEN’S TITLE: Becky Lynch © vs. Alexa BlissWWE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM TITLES: Heath Slater & Rhyno © vs. The UsosWWE INTERCOTINENTAL TITLE: The Miz © w/Maryse vs. The Career of Dolph Ziggler. If Dolph loses, he leaves WWERandy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING NEWS and NOTES:
- As of this writing, Friday, September 30th, 2016, TNA has yet to be sold and with a PPV this coming Sunday, TNA could possibly cancel the show and be out of business. The issue right now is that they have no funding for the PPV or subsequent television shows taping next week. Both Billy Corgan and Aroluxe have funded past television tapings in the past are refusing to fund this because they want complete ownership from Dixie Carter and Dixie has yet to sell. The main point of contention at the moment is whoever purchases the company in full will have to acquire the debt that goes along with it if they want to continue to operate the promotion. WWE was back in negotiations this week as TNA Head of Talent Jon Gabruick contacted his longtime WWE Mentor Kevin Dunn and brought them in. WWE would be willing to purchase TNA perhaps for a little more than they originally offered but the only reason they would buy would be for the tape library and perhaps a few contracted talents. They would immediately shut the company down thus not assuming the debt of the company, some of which is owed to Corgan and Aroluxe. It is believed by some that the debt of the promotion is larger than what the promotion is actually worth.
- In essence, if the PPV doesn’t go ahead as planned on Sunday due to no financing and the television tapings next week do not take place, TNA will be in breach of both their PPV agreements and TV contract and could be dropped off of both which would essentially make the company worthless.
- Billy Corgan revealed in an interview that he has secured all of the financing to purchase the existing ownership rights of TNA from Dixie Carter and he is hoping to finalize it in a few days. He also noted that one of the first orders of business as majority owner is to rebrand TNA thus changing the name of the company.
- In a recent interview with ESPN, former TNA star Kurt Angle revealed at his worst, he was taking 65 Extra Strength Vicodin pills per day.
- Brandi Rhodes has been doing her in ring training with Chris Hero. Not a bad person to learn from. Good for her. She and Cody are expected to debut this Sunday at Bound for Glory. Cody, if he wrestles on the New Japan Tokyo Dome in December will become the first wrestler in history to work on WWE Wrestlemania, TNA Bound For Glory, ROH’s Final Battle and New Japan’s Tokyo Dome shows all in the same calendar year.
TNA BOUND FOR GLORY PPV is THIS SUNDAY from Orlando Florida and the line-up is as follows:TNA TITLE: Bobby Lashley © vs. Ethan Carter IIITNA TAG TEAM TITLES: The Decay © (Abyss, Crazy Steve and Rosemary) vs. The Hardy Clan (Broken Matt and Brother Nero) and Reby w/Senior Benjamin and Vanguard 1GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS: Aaron Rex vs. TBD (Supposed to be Drew Galloway but he is injured)KNOCKOUTS TITLE: Maria Kanellis © vs. Gail KimMike Bennett vs. MooseBound For Glory Battle Royal RumbleGail Kim Inducted into the TNA Hall of FameThe debut of Cody
Ring of Honor / Lucha Underground / Independent / International News and Notes:
- Matt Sydal got a few people nervous last weekend when he skipped 3 New Japan shows he was booked to wrestle on. As it turned out, he ended up getting stuck in Hawaii as he flew to Japan and he wasn’t allowed to enter due to Visa issues. So he flew back to Hawaii in order to try and work things out but was not able to.
- Ring of Honor has announced that when they are in the U.K. on November 19th, Will Ospreay will team with Marty Scurll to take on the Young Bucks. That match is going to be INSANE. The reason both have not been announced for U.S. dates yet is that they are still in the process of getting their work visas. But both will be full time once they receive them.
ROH ALL STAR EXTRAVANGANZA PPV is TONIGHT from Lowell Massachusetts and the line-up is as follows:ROH TITLE: Adam Cole © vs. Michael ElginTAG TEAM TITLE LADDER MATCH: The Addiction © (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelly & Chris Sabin)TV TITLE: Bobby Fish © vs. Donovan DijakJay Lethal vs. Tetsuya NaitoDragon Lee vs. KamaitachiTRIOS: Jay Briscoe/Mark Briscoe/Toru Yano vs. ACH/Kushida/Jay WhiteKyle O’Reilly vs. Hangman PageThe All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King) vs. Colt Cabana & Dalton Castle vs. War Machine vs. Shane Taylor & Keith Lee
MMA News and Notes:
- Despite Dana White claiming the opposite, UFC did in fact go ahead and announce the main event of UFC 205 from New York as Eddie Alvarez defending his UFC Light Weight Championship against UFC Featherweight Champion Conor McGregor. McGregor is looking to become the first fighter in UFC history to hold two titles in two different weight classes at the same time. The show is SUPER STACKED from top to bottom so much so that Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens and Rashad Evans vs. Tim Kennedy are both NOT going to be on the PPV portion of the show and instead will be on the prelims on Fox Sports 1. WOW. This is the best card they have ever put on from top to bottom as the pre-show is PPV quality.
- White did make it clear on ESPN’s SportsCenter that should McGregor win the Lightweight Title on 11/12 then he will have to vacate one of the two belts as he will not be allowed to defend both. Should he lose, his next fight will be against Jose Aldo to crown the undisputed Featherweight Champion.
- Aldo however is none too pleased that he got passed over again for his rematch with McGregor and did in fact request his release from UFC earlier this week due to McGregor being allowed to once again fight someone else instead of him to crown the undisputed champion at Featherweight. He did not fill out the proper paperwork however as I assume this is just a temper tantrum to get attention. He is interim Featherweight Champion after all. He is claiming that he plans on retiring from MMA and plans on doing other things in sports.
- The event is likely going to break all sorts of records for UFC as the gate is expected to be around $18,000,000 which dwarfs the current record holding gate of George St. Pierre vs. Jake Shields which grossed $12 million. I believe with the line-up they have, it will set the all-time UFC buyrate which was recently set by the last Conor McGregor fight vs. Nate Diaz in August.
- Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino did in fact make weight for her UFC main event last weekend and she finished Lina Lansberg in the 2nd round in impressive fashion. She still need to drop to 135 though in order to compete for a title. They eventually are going to have to stop giving her catch weights.
- Some controversy last weekend as Roy Nelson got into it with referee John McCarthy following his knockout of Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva. Nelson knocked Silva out in the first round of their fight. However....Big John did not stop the fight even though Nelson absolutely knew Silva was KO’d. He flipped McCarthy off following the fight and lightly kicked him in the back (which he later apologized for). His argument was that he is friends with Silva dating back many years, knows his family and knows that he has been knocked out several times in recent memory and that he didn’t want to dish out any unnecessary punishment. He knew that Silva was unconscious instantly after the first punch landed and then dropped an additional punch for good measure. After that 2nd punch, he was waiting for McCarthy to wave it off which he didn’t which is what pissed Nelson off. He was NOT punished by UFC for the incident following the fight however he absolutely needs to be disciplined in some fashion as even though he was 100% right in his feelings, you cannot put your hands on a referee, under no circumstances.
- Silva needs to hang it up. One way or another, he needs to no longer be fighting. He has been knocked out in 5 of his last 6 fights. At age 37, that is a terrible number to have.
- Current UFC Welterweight Champion Tyrone Woodley is no longer in Marvel’s “Spiderman: Homecoming”. He is claiming that it is because of his commitments to UFC 205 in New York in November however sources state it is because he spilled the beans that he was in the film prematurely so Marvel dropped him from the movie.
- Dana White revealed earlier this week that his contract to remain as President of UFC is for 5 years and that prior to the sale, he owned 9% of the company, sold it and was gifted 7.5%.
- The new UFC Ownership is currently trying to get UFC a weekly segment on ESPN’s Sports Center similar to how WWE has one each Tuesday. The idea behind this is that WME-IMG sees UFC similar to the NFL, NBA, MLB in that when their contract with Fox expires in 2019, they want to leverage into deals with multiple networks similar to those other sports.
- For some reason, Brock Lesnar’s hearing has been removed from the October 10th Nevada State Athletic Commission hearing. No new date is set. However, Jon Jones hearing for his drug test failure is still on October 10th. The hearing will also dole out disciplinary action against Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz for their bottle throwing incident at their press conference. Both will likely be fined significantly.
- T.J. Dillashaw is working hard to get the next title shot at UFC Bantamweight Champion Dominic Cruz. Right now Cruz wants Cody Garbrandt and that is likely going to be his opponent once a deal is finalized, however Dillashaw is offering Cruz $100,000 of his purse which is in fact his entire salary should the fight be made to Cruz if Cruz is able to beat him. So there is some incentive for Cruz to push for Dillashaw.
- Former WWE star Ryback Allen Reeves is in negotiations with Bellator MMA for a possible fight down the road. Ryback has no MMA experience and little competitive fighting background minus some jiu-jitsu training. He is likely doing it for the pay day as opposed to it being his lifelong dream to accomplish. He isn’t going to make CM Punk money from Bellator however and he will likely need to fight in a non-commissioned state because he admitted using testosterone replacement therapy.
- Looks like Phil Davis made the right decision jumping to Bellator as he is getting his title shot at the Light Heavyweight title on November 4th as he takes on champion Liam McGeary.
- Tito Ortiz confirmed that he is glad to accept Chael Sonnen’s challenge to fight however said he would not be ready by the proposed November 17th date and would prefer if the fight took place in January.
- Former UFC fighter Gabriel Gonzaga announced that he is retiring from MMA. He noted that if someone were to come along offering him $100,000 or more, he would absolutely take the fight but he doesn’t expect that kind of money to come his way therefore he is done fighting.
UFC 204 is on Saturday, October 8th, 2016 from Manchester England and the line-up is as follows:UFC MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE: Michael Bisping © vs. Dan HendersonVitor Belfort vs. Gegard MousasiOvince Saint Preux vs. Jim ManuwaStefan Struve vs. Ruslan Magomedov
UFC 205 is on Saturday, November 12th, 2016 from NEW YORK CITY and the line-up is as follows:UFC LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE: Eddie Alvarez © vs. UFC Featherweight Champion Conor McGregorUFC WELTERWEIGHT TITLE: Tyrone Woodley © vs. Stephen “Wonderboy” ThompsonUFC WOMEN’S STRAWWEIGHT TITLE: Joanna Jedrzejczyk © vs. Karolina KowaliewiczChris Weidman vs. Yoel RomeroDonald Cerrone vs. Kevin Gastelum
UFC 205 PRE-SHOW FOX SPORTS 1:Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael JohnsonFrankie Edgar vs. Jeremy StephensRashad Evans vs. Tim KennedyMiesha Tate vs. Raquel PenningtonThiago Alves vs. Jim MillerTim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
UFC 206 is on Saturday, December 10th, 2016 in Toronto Canada and the line-up is as follows: TBD vs. TBD
Random Thoughts, Links, Pics, ETC.
- Random VIDEO of the week: Sneak peak of Supergirl and Superman teaming up for the season premiere of “Supergirl”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week: Latest Trailer for Marvel’s “Dr. Strange”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 2: Final Trailer for “Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 3: CW’S SUPER HERO FIGHT CLUB
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 4: Official Trailer for “The Whole Truth”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 5: Official Trailer for “Collateral Beauty”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 6: Official Trailer for “Fences”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 7: Conan O’Brian is a part owner of UFC
- THIS LINK is for LIFE. Thank you soldiers. WELCOME HOME BLOG
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week: Not all cops are bad people. I’ve been trying to tell you that.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 1: Conspiracy theorists must be having a field day with this story since it is obviously convenient.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 2: So this is kind of frightening. Wow.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 3: This is the world we now sadly live in. SMH.
- Random ARTICLE of the week PART 4: Such a dirtbag. There are some real scummy people on the earth.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 5: The end of an era is near. Pray for The Hef.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 6: HOLY SH*T!!! DENZEL WASHINGTON TRIED TO KILLD ARETHA FRANKLIN!!!!!!!!!!!
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 7: This isn’t going to end well. I don’t care how long they have been doing it for. It is BOUND to end up poorly.
- Next weekend is the annual New York Comic Con. I will be attending on Sunday as usual as my son is still too young to attend panels and what not. But soon we will be doing the whole weekend thing once he is old enough. I am looking forward to it as usual and apparently the trailer for “John Wick: Chapter 2” is going to debut at the convention so that is a plus. I will let you know if I see anything cool/noteworthy while there.
- If you are a fan of the Simpsons or want to catch up, since the show is celebrating its 600th episode this coming season, FXX (the Fox moving channel) is going to air ALL 600 EPISODES of the show in a mega-marathon from November 24th through December 6th. That is 13 straight days of Simpsons on television.
- And the remakes keep on coming as CBS has green-lit a reboot for “S.W.A.T.” For next season however....I may give it a peek as it is being executive produced by Shawn Ryan of “The Shield” fame and Justin Lin. They are two guys good at making television/movies.
- Apparently in the CW Universe of DC, Deathstroke will be making his return this coming season on Arrow and will be one of the villains for the show’s 100th episode which takes place in January and happens to coincide with the CW 4-show crossover event with Arrow/Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl all crossing over. No word on whether or not Manu Bennett will be under the mask however as filming was ongoing for that episode this week in Vancouver and Bennett was tweeting from his home in New Zealand. The main villains across the 4 shows will be the “Dominators” who are an alien race who come to invade earth. That should be pretty damn cool.
- Moira and Robert Queen are also returning for the 100th episode.
- Speaking of Deathstroke, he apparently is set to debut in the Justice League film before Batman’s stand-alone film.
- I am hoping that it is NOT a tease or a bait and switch but apparently Oliver Queen is back to his murderous form of justice in this season of Arrow. A HUGE improvement if that is in fact the case as the show took a dive when Oliver grew a conscious.
- Disney has hired director Jon Favreau to direct a LIVE ACTION version of “The Lion King” after his success of “The Jungle Book”.
- 20th Century Fox has announced an untitled Marvel IMAX film for 2018 which does not fall into the category of films they currently have on slate including Wolverine in 2017 and 2 set dates in 2018 for Deadpool 2 and the latest X-Men installment.
- Two episodes in to the new Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the new time slot is certainly helping with the storylines being darker and more violent. It has been fantastic stuff so far with Ghost Rider. For those who do not know the new director, it is Jeffrey Mace a.k.a. Marvel’s Patriot. He is the man in the comics who replaced Captain America when he went missing back during World War 2. Also, it will be interesting to see how they handle S.H.I.E.L.D. being brought back legally and if it is touched upon in the MCU.
- Luke Cage (which debuted today and I already saw the first episode and it was great) showrunner Cheo Coker revealed that the reason for the delay in producing the Marvel/Netflix Iron Fist show had to do completely with Luke Cage. Originally the plan was to debut Iron Fist before Luke Cage but due to the success of the character in season 1 of Jessica Jones, they decided to flip it and piggyback off of the popularity.
- The latest set photos from “Spider-Man: Homecoming” have revealed that the Stark World Expo which was a major location in Iron Man 2 will be returning and be featured in the film.
- The FINAL trailer for “Star Wars: Rogue One” will debut ahead of Marvel’s “Dr. Strange”
Feel free to discuss whatever you'd like on the “Board" where I can do my best to answer anything you’d like. Also drop a comment in the comment box below as I try my best to answer in a timely fashion. You can also tweet me on the tweeter. I reply there as well. Questions, Corrections, Comments, Feedback or Ideas: EMAIL ME .