Good day to you all and welcome to We Want Insanity. I am your host for today, Matt Dawgs and this is my column. Today is the end of the work week and the time to look back at all the goings-on over the past seven days as I wrap it up with a bow and spout it out bit by bit. Buckle up. Enjoy the ride.
Free MP3 Download
BONUS MATT NOTE: A WWE Hall of Famer will be running our country and officially be the most powerful man on the planet. Think about that for a minute.
WWE NEWS AND NOTES:
- “Hey Matt, why have you been giving up on Raw and not watching live anymore”? That is a question I get a lot lately. Well Monday’s Raw should have answered that for you when in the first ONE HOUR TWENTY MINUTES of the show featured approximately 7 MINUTES OF ACTUAL WRESTLING. Read that again. 1 hour and 20 minutes of RAW features a 7 minute cruiserweight tag team match. That’s it.
- For some reason, someone in WWE management thought it would be best to have a 4-MAN announce booth for Smackdown as Tom Phillips has been added. WTF? I unfortunately have the feeling that this is NOT a good thing for Mauro Ranallo.
- John Cena is not expected back on WWE Television until the day after Christmas which is the annual WWE Live Event from Madison Square Garden.
- In addition to the Undertaker who makes his return to Smackdown next week for the 900th episode, WWE Hall of Famer Edge will also be returning and hosting his “Cutting Edge” talk show segment. No word on his guest as of yet.
- Speaking of Edge, congrats to him as he and longtime girlfriend former WWE Superstar Beth Phoenix were married last month. They have two daughters together, Lyric and Ruby.
- Edge and Christian have begun production on season 2 of “Edge and Christian’s Show that Totally Reeks of Awesomeness” for the WWE Network.
- In a break from the normal, WWE announced LAST FRIDAY after my column went up that Kevin Owens will defend the WWE Universal title against WWE U.S. Champion Roman Reigns at the “Roadblock” PPV on December 18th. It is unusual since WWE has two PPV’s to promote before then including Survivor Series in 2 weeks. It is also very unusual since they did not shoot the angle setting up the match.
- Despite the fact that I don’t think he will be medically cleared by then, WWE is also advertising Finn Balor as returning at the Roadblock PPV.
- Remember when I said Eva Marie wrapped her movie up and should be due back soon on Smackdown, possibly as soon as this week? Well she is filming ANOTHER film titled “Action 1” meaning she is not due back anytime soon. Maybe WWE found a role that she can work in that doesn’t require her to wrestle and she can be their homegrown actress?
- Happy Birthday to WWE Star Chris Jericho as he turned 46 earlier this week. Speaking of Jericho, he and Sin Cara got involved in some fisticuffs on Sunday in Europe on the WWE tour bus. The crew was traveling to RAW when Sin Cara kept making annoying sounds on the bus and wouldn’t stop. When confronted by Jericho, Sin Cara punched him in the face and they were separated but not before Jericho bit Sin Cara on the finger. Being that this is Sin Cara’s 3rd incident on record (and rumored to be 4th) over the past year, he is being sent to Anger Management classes by the company. Cara has apparently gotten the better of both Sheamus and Simon Gotch in backstage altercations.
- Rhyno did NOT win a seat in the Michigan House of Representatives in the election on Tuesday, November 8th.
- Per the usual WWE route of giving us “extra”, Ticketmaster emailed those holding tickets to the Royal Rumble noting that the event will now be 4 HOURS. Cause we need more wrestling on TV especially front loading out week. 4 Hour Rumble plus 1 hour pre-show and 1 hour post-show, 3 hour RAW plus 1 hour Raw pre-show plus1 hour “Raw Talk” following plus 2 hour Smackdown plus 1 hour pre-show plus 1 hour 205 Live Cruiserweight Show plus 1 hour “Talking Smack”. Yay!!! 16 hours of WWE Live across a 3 day- period.
- As noted, WWE flip flipped the Hall of Fame and NXT Takeover events this coming year for Mania in Orlando. It was a production decision that caused the change; both shows as well as Raw and Smackdown are being held in the Amway Arena. Rather than set up for NXT, take it down for the Hall of Fame and then set it back up for Raw and Smackdown, it is easier to set up the HOF and then take everything down to set up the ring for NXT, Raw and Smackdown without having to make any major changes.
- Last week in an interview WWE Hall of Famer Kevin Nash noted that Shawn Michaels is the new head instructor at the WWE Performance Center. This is NOT the case and there is no truth to these claims. Matt Bloom is still the head trainer and Shawn Michaels has been working as a trainer for those on the cusp of going to the main roster.
- The NXT shows in New Zealand in December have been cancelled due to poor ticket sales.
- Remember when I noted that the top two Japanese females in the Stardom promotion were on their way to NXT? Both Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo were set to come to the U.S. in January and debut shortly after that? Well apparently both are reconsidering and likely staying in Japan. They haven’t made their final decision as of yet and both see Asuka being in NXT as a hindrance to their possible growth.
- Gran Metallik a.k.a. Mascara Dorada did an interview in Mexico this week confirming that he is moving to Orlando in the next couple of weeks and that CMLL originally wasn’t happy with him doing the Cruiserweight Classic but he did so anyway against their wishes which inevitably made them realize that he was leaving. He also noted that WWE wanted him to lose the mask upon coming in but he refused and they were ok with him keeping it.
- NXT did their own MANNEQUIN CHALLENGE.
- When the defending NBA Champions Cleveland Cavaliers opened the NBA season at home this year, WWE Superstar The Undertaker made an appearance in full gimmick to help them celebrate their home opened. This was done due to Lebron James wearing an Undertaker shirt during the NBA finals last year as James is a huge fan of WWE and Taker. So imagine Taker’s surprise when James REFUSED TO MEET HIM before or after the game that day. James before the game claimed to not know Taker was even at the event. Following the game however a Cavs P.R. person informed James that Taker wanted to meet him and James noted that he had no interest. Sources close to James noted that James has a rule that he is against people looking to meet him to gain publicity and doesn’t do P.R. stunts if they do not benefit him. A WWE camera crew was with Taker which is likely why James did not meet him.
- WWE is eying a show similar to ESPN’s “Pardon The Interruption” which will feature John Bradshaw Layfield and Paul Heyman. There is also talk of bringing in New York DJ for Hot 97 Peter Rosenberg to host a show as he is a longtime wrestling fan with his own wrestling podcast and is at every NYC WWE event.
- E! Total Divas returns next Wednesday.
- Brooke Hogan conducted an interview with TMZ where she noted that her father Hulk Hogan has begun negotiating with Vince McMahon about returning for Wrestlemania in Orlando. This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone as I noted here several weeks ago, WWE was slowly easing Hogan back into television.
- A Connecticut court has dismissed the two wrongful death suits against WWE for the deaths of Matt Osbourne (The Original Doink) and Nelson Frasier (Mabel/Big Daddy V) citing that no evidence was shown to prove that both their deaths were related to CTE due to working in WWE. Osbourne died of an accidental drug overdose while Frasier died from a heart attack. Neither brain was examined for CTE following their deaths. The judge noted that while she believes that they probably did suffer from CTE, with no evidence to prove they had it, there was no case. She also admonished Konstantine Kryos noting that his lawsuits have been baseless to date and she is considering future sanctions against him.
- WWE Hall of Famer Tammy “Sunny” Sytch is due to be sentenced next Friday in Pennsylvania for her probation violation that saw her jailed on September 23rd. She has been in jail since then unable to make bail. She is likely going to be sent to prison for her violation and not be released with time served. How long depends on the judge in her case. Her original sentencing was from 97 days to 5 years. Since she had spent 95 days in rehab, she was given time served and granted 5 years’ probation. I am assuming she will get a minimum of one-year.
- Best wishes to former WWE/WCW Star Vader as he was involved in a MAJOR car accident this past week which was near fatal. He was found unconscious in his vehicle and trapped as the car flipped and was upside down. He is in bad shape but expected to recover.
- In addition to the ESPN 30 for 30 that is completed on Ric Flair and set to debut in early 2017, ESPN is set to air a 30 for 30 on February 2nd on the XFL.
NXT TAKEOVER TORONTO is on Saturday, November 19th, 2016 from Toronto Canada and the line-up is as follows:NXT WORLD TITLE: Shinsuke Nakamura © vs. Samoa JoeNXT WOMEN’S TITLE: Asuka © vs. Mickie JamesNXT TAG TEAM TITLES: The Revival © (Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder) vs. #DIY (Johnny Gargano & Tomasso Ciampa)FINALS OF THE DUSTY CLASSIC: The Authors of Pain (Rezar & Akam) with Paul Ellering vs. TM-61 (Nick Miller & Shane Thorne)Bobby Roode vs. Tye Dillinger
WWE SURVIVOR SERIES PPV is on Sunday, November 20th, 2016 from Toronto Canada and the line-up is as follows:Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar w/Paul HeymanTraditional Survivor Series Elimination Match: TEAM RAW of WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPION Kevin Owens ©/Chris Jericho/Roman Reigns/Seth Rollins/Braun Strowman vs. TEAM SMACKDOWN of WWE CHAMPION: A.J. Styles ©/Dean Ambrose/Randy Orton/Bray Wyatt/Shane McMahon Traditional Women’s Survivor Series Elimination Match: TEAM RAW of WWE RAW WOMEN’S CHAMPION: Charlotte Flair ©/Bayley/Nia Jax/Sasha Banks/Alicia Fox vs. Nikki Bella/WWE SMACKDOWN LIVE WOMEN’S CHAMPION: Becky Lynch ©/Alexa Bliss/Carmella/Naomi with Natalya as Coach Traditional Tag Teams Survivor Series Elimination Match: TEAM RAW of WWE RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: The New Day © (Big E/Kofi Kingston/Xavier Woods)/Cesaro & Sheamus/Enzo Amore & Big Cass/The Club (Doc Gallows & Carl Anderson)/The Shining Stars (Primo & Epico) vs. TEAM SMACKDOWN of WWE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: Heath Slater & Rhyno ©/American Alpha (Jason Jordan & Chad Gable)/The Hype Bros (Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley)/The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso)Breezango (Tyler Breeze & Fandango)WWE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE: Dolph Ziggler © vs. Sami Zayn (If Zayn wins, Intercontinental Title moves to Smackdown)WWE CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE: Brian Kendrick © vs. Kalisto (If Kalisto wins, Cruiserweight Division moves to Smackdown)
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING NEWS and NOTES:
- Billy Corgan has confirmed that TNA does in fact owe him $1.8 million that he had issued to fund TV tapings. He is claiming that TNA is sold and he wants the $2.7 million owed to him as per his agreement when he funded TNA. TNA is claiming that they are not sold and that Anthem Sports is just a credit facility for them thus they do not plan on paying him $2.7 million and will not pay the $1.8 they owe unless he signs a release dropping all future claims of ownership and drop his lawsuit vs. the company which is still open. Corgan is noting that if he isn’t paid in full, he will convert his loan into 36% equity of the promotion thus making him minority owner and then he will attempt to sell that 36% to WWE if they are interested. Spoiler alert though, WWE isn’t interested in owning minority interest in a dying wrestling promotion especially since they will NOT get the tape library out of it. TNA, the gift that keeps on giving and giving.
- Leonard Asper, the CEO of Anthem Sports and a billionaire noted to his employees that the purpose of buying TNA would be similar to that of Spike TV/Bellator in that it is cheaper to own your own content rather than pay rights fees to distribute it.
- TNA does plan on starting up live event tours in 2017 once they get their bills in order which will be a plus for the company.
- TNA head writer Dave Lagana has parted ways with the promotion. He joined TNA in 2011 following a brief stint in Ring of Honor. Prior to ROH, he was a longtime WWE writer.
- Where the hell have I been? Apparently not only is former TNA Knockouts Champion Madison Rayne now a part of the TNA creative writing team but she and TNA announcer Josh Matthews were married last year? WTF? She was married to someone else because I do remember her missing time in 2013 due to having a baby.
- TNA Star Drew Galloway is expected to miss more time than originally anticipated with his neck injury. He was scheduled to wrestle this weekend but had to cancel. His TNA contract expires at the end of the year meaning we may have seen the last of him in a TNA ring.
- Not sure how this happens for a “major” wrestling promotion but TNA Champion Eddie Edwards did a clean job via SUBMISSION to Brian Fury on an independent show and then did a clean job the following night via pinfall. SMH.
- Congratulations to former TNA Star Kurt Angle on the birth of his 5th child Nikoletta Sky Angle. His first 2 children are from ex-wife Karen and his last 3 are from his current wife.
- TNA confirmed via press release that the December 15th episode of Impact will be “Total Nonstop Deletion” from the Hardy Compound.
Ring of Honor / Lucha Underground / Independent / International News and Notes:
- Ring of Honor announced that Jushin “Thunder” Liger will be wrestling at “Final Battle” at the Hammerstein Ballroom on December 2nd in New York.
- A purge may be coming in ROH soon. As noted a few weeks ago, they were tinkering with changing the main event of Final Battle due to Kyle O’Reilly’s contract expiring on December 31st. Well as it so happens, there are SEVERAL TALENTS who’s contracts expire on that day including Jay Lethal (who they were going to add to the Adam Cole/Kyle O’Reilly match), The Young Bucks, Ray Rowe, Hanson, Kenny King, Steve Corino, Bobby Fish & B.J. Whitmer. Should WWE come calling with some good offers to join NXT and possibly be called to the main roster similar to Roderick Strong, some of those names may bite.
- Kyle O’Reilly has been banned from travel due to a medical condition that is doctors are refusing to allow him to fly. He had to cancel this weekend’s New Japan dates he was scheduled for in New Zealand and ROH is running shows next weekend in the United Kingdom although it is unsure if he will be able to work those shows yet or not.
- Due to his injury, Drew Galloway will miss his scheduled Evolve dates this weekend however WWE has allowed former Evolve star and current NXT Trainee Tommy End to return to the promotion to fulfill the dates in Queens tomorrow and in Maryland on Sunday replacing Galloway. The matches will NOT be streamed in FloSports however.
- Despite teasing a split a few weeks ago, Roppongi Vice won the Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Tournament last weekend. With the win, they will likely go on to face Jr. Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks at Wrestle Kingdom 11 in January.
- The top matches for Wrestle Kingdom 11 have been set as Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega for the IWGP World title is the main event. That means for the first time since 2010, Hiroshi Tanahashi will NOT be in the main event of Wrestle Kingdom. Instead he will be fighting for the IC title vs. Tetsuya Naito.
- Will Ospreay is wrestling with his neck, yes his NECK taped up. He is never going to “get it” and will continue to destroy his body until he is in a wheel chair. For f*cks sake, he is only 23 and should not be working the style he does when he is unable to feel parts of his body due to his neck injury that he refuses to rest and heal.
- AAA in Mexico continues to sh*t on their former talents and not play nice with people as they are trying to copyright the names Rey Fenix and Sexy Dulce which are names the promotion has NEVER used before. It is the names however that Fenix and Sexy Starr have been using since leaving AAA. So essentially they are trying to prevent two former talents from using new names.
- Despite being fired by AAA and AAA apparently having a working relationship with Lucha Underground, Jack Evans worked the LU live events last weekend. So that is a plus for him. With him no longer being a part of AAA, I hope he picks up some more U.S. dates and returns to ROH and PWG in the near future. I do know that it may be a longshot since he had settled down in Mexico with a girlfriend and newborn.
- Former UFC star Matt Riddle has signed a contract with Evolve. That means other than an eventual WWE call up, he cannot wrestle for Ring of Honor, TNA or in Japan or Mexico.
- Orlando in April for Wrestlemania weekend dis expected to be the biggest independent wrestling weekend in history. There are currently 23 independent wrestling shows scheduled that weekend with more expected to be announced. The current record to Mania weekend is 14 in San Jose two years ago.
MMA News and Notes:
- Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor tomorrow night in what will be the biggest UFC PPV in UFC history considering it has already set the new UFC gate record and is expected to be the most purchased UFC PPV of all time. I am a huge McGregor fan but Alvarez is easily his toughest opponent to date and has all the tools to beat McGregor which will in fact but a damper on his luster. I will be rooting for him but realistically any hardcore MMA fan knows that McGregor winning is a longshot unless he connects with a solid shot in the 1st or 2nd round that drops Alvarez. Anything past that and he is toast.
- Alvarez predicted that the fight will be violent and will NOT go 5 rounds regardless of who wins.
- As per usual, Conor McGregor causes a spectacle at the press conference when he arrived late and then attempted to throw a steel chair at Eddie Alvarez. Guarantee this causes the fight to set a new UFC PPV record. They may even surpass 2 million PPV buys.
- DOWN GOES EVANS!!! Rashad Evans is OUT of his FS-1 fight tomorrow vs. Tim Kennedy due to an undisclosed medical condition that came up during a routine MRI. The fight is being moved to UFC 206 in December in Toronto. Both men are still being paid their guarantees.
- DOWN GOES GASTELUM!!! The Kevin Gastelum vs. Donald Cerrone fight tomorrow night is OFF as Gastelum missed weight today at the weigh ins. Obviously Cerrone is PISSED about it but such is life. He will still be paid his guarantee and possibly be booked at UFC 206 in December. That sucks as I was looking forward to this fight.
- Jon Jones received a 1-year suspension retroactive to July 6th, 2016 due to his USADA drug test failure before his fight with Daniel Cormier. It was revealed that the banned substances found in his system were due to a similar drug he took comparable to Cialis. He will be eligible to fight again in July 2017 as of now as he still needs to face disciplinary actions by the Nevada State Athletic Commission so he may have time added to him. The independent arbitrators who ruled on the case noted the following in a statement released to the press: “On the evidence before the panel, the applicant is not a drug cheat. He did not know the tablet he took contained prohibited substances or that those substances had the capacity to enhance sporting performance. However, by his imprudent use of what he pungently referred to as a `dick pill,’ he has not only lost a year of his career but an estimated $9 million. This outcome which he admits to be a wake-up call for him should serve as a warning to all others who participate in the same sport.”
- Dana White has stripped Jones of the interim Light Heavyweight title which he won upon his return from his previous suspension.
- Jones released his own statement following his suspension. “Although I was hopeful for a better outcome in the USADA ruling today, I am very respectful of the process in which they allowed me to defend myself. I have always maintained my innocence and I am very happy I have been cleared in any wrongdoing pursuant to the allegations made that I had intentionally taken a banned substance. I am pleased that in USADA’s investigation they determined I was `not a cheater of the sport.’ Being cleared of these allegations was very important to me. I have worked hard in and outside of the octagon to regain my image and my fighting career and will take these next eight months to continue my training, and personal growth both as a man and an athlete. Thank you to all of my fans, teammates, coaches, sponsors and to the UFC for their continued support.”
- UFC Middleweight Champion Michael Bisping is adamant that he will NOT defend his UFC Middleweight title vs. Yoel Romero should Romero defeat Chris Weidman tomorrow night. Bisping has made it official that he will NEVER face anyone again who has a doping violation against them. He said should Romero win, he will then defend against the winner of Luke Rockhold vs. Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza. He will also defend against Weidman should Weidman win.
- Tony Ferguson defeated Rafael dos Anjos last weekend to capture his 9th straight victory and probably cement himself as next in line for the winner of Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor on Saturday.
- UFC makes their return to the New York area for their 2nd PPV from the state on February 11th, 2017 as they will host UFC 209 from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
- Also, the annual Super Bowl weekend show on February 4th will be on Fox Sports 1 rather than PPV since the following week will be PPV.
- C.M. Punk noted that he has spoken to Dana White and Dana had pitched an idea to him (I am assuming The Ultimate Fighter) but Punk told Dana he would need to get back to him after the Cubs season ended since he is a lifelong Cubs fan. Now that they have won the World Series, he plans on discussing his MMA future with White soon.
- Former UFC star Phil Davis captured the Bellator Light Heavyweight title defeating champion Liam McGeary by unanimous decision last weekend.
- Bellator is in talks with former NFL Star and Strikeforce star Hershel Walker.
Kevin Ferguson Jr. a.k.a. Baby Slice the son of Kimbo Slice is now scheduled to make his Bellator debut next Saturday, November 19th. He was originally scheduled to debut last month in the U.K. however his opponent missed weight but 20+ lbs and thus the fight was cancelled.
- Actor Idris Elba, my choice for the next James Bond and probably best known as Stringer Bell from the Wire or Luther from the hit British show of the same name won his KICKBOXING DEBUT in London last week. Congrats to him.
UFC 205 is TOMORROW NIGHT from NEW YORK CITY and the line-up is as follows:UFC LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE: Eddie Alvarez © vs. UFC Featherweight Champion Conor McGregorUFC WELTERWEIGHT TITLE: Tyrone Woodley © vs. Stephen “Wonderboy” ThompsonUFC WOMEN’S STRAWWEIGHT TITLE: Joanna Jedrzejczyk © vs. Karolina KowaliewiczChris Weidman vs. Yoel RomeroMiesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington
FOX SPORTS 1:Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael JohnsonFrankie Edgar vs. Jeremy StephensThiago Alves vs. Jim MillerTim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
UFC 206 is on Saturday, December 10th, 2016 in Toronto Canada and the line-up is as follows: UFC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Daniel Cormier © vs. Anthony “Rumble” JohnsonAnthony Pettis vs. Max Holloway
UFC ON FOX is on Saturday, December 17th, 2016 from Sacramento California and the line-up is as follows:Paige VanZant vs. Michelle WatersonSage Northcutt vs. Mickey GallUrijah Faber vs. Brad Pickett
UFC 207 is on Friday, December 30th, 2016 from Las Vegas Nevada and the line-up is as follows:UFC WOMEN’S BANTAMWEIGHT TITLE: Amanda Nunes © vs. Ronda RouseyUFC BANTAMWEIGHT TITLE: Dominick Cruz © vs. Cody GarbrandtCain Velasquez vs. Fabricio WerdumDoo Ho Choi vs. Cub SwansonJohnny Hendricks vs. Neil MagnyMatt Brown vs. Tarec SaffiedineAlex Oliveira vs. Tim Means
Random Thoughts, Links, Pics, ETC.
- Random VIDEO of the week: Honest Trailer for “Independence Day: Resurgence”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week: International Trailer for “Star Wars: Rogue One”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 2: Official Trailer for “Ghost in the Shell”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 3: Official Trailer for “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 4: Latest Trailer for “Underworld: Blood Wars”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 5: Superheroes reacting to Donald Trump’s Presidential win.
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 6: The cast of Big Brother were finally told about the Presidential Election Results.
- THIS LINK is for LIFE. Thank you soldiers. WELCOME HOME BLOG
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week: Everyone knows by now but still, Welcome President Trump.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 1: My wife’s old neighborhood. Sad. R.I.P. Sarge.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 2: This doesn’t sound very smart to me. Just my opinion though.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 3: F*cking scumbag. This is exactly the type of person Trump was talking about. Sickening.
- Random ARTICLE of the week PART 4: For those of you who believe that movie violence is just that, movies and that it doesn’t really happen like that in real life need to read this. There are some sick f*cks out there in the world.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 5: New York, concrete jungle where schizophrenics push random strangers in front of moving trains.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 6: The DEFINITION of P*ssification of America. Now I get the people who are obsessed with racism and blackface, etc but this guy has been wearing the same costume for 18 years. 18 YEARS. Now....all of a sudden.....this is offensive. GTFOH.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 7: Hate Nancy Grace all you want for being a c*nt but honestly if she was around, this story wouldn’t be falling under the radar. She made a lot of stories similar to this world wide news. I hope they find out what happened to her.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 8: Terrible. Such a horrible way to end what could have been a promising football career. Wow.
- Dr. Strange is simply fantastic. I watched it in a normal viewing because my son does not like 3D but do yourself a favor when you see it, see it in IMAX 3D because it will be AMAZING. I highly recommend it and I will give it a 2nd viewing soon to determine where it falls on my Marvel list but right now it is definitely top 5 alongside The Winter Soldier, Civil War, Ironman 1 and the Avengers. It seems to be doing pretty well at the box office as the opening worldwide weekend gross surpassed $325 million. WOW.
- MCU Head Kevin Feige confirmed this week that Michael Keaton will in fact be playing the Vulture in Spider-Man: Homecoming.
- Spider-Man star Tom Holland revealed that he is contracted to Marvel for 3 solo Spider-Man films as well as 3 non Spider-Man films. I am assuming that Civil War was the 1st with both Avenger movies being his remaining 2 films.
- I am hoping this is just hearsay and innuendo but the rumor circulating around town according to The Hollywood Reporter is that Fox is once again considering “rebooting” the X-Men Franchise. Yes, the same one what was rebooted a few years ago with X-Men: First Class is going to be started over quite possibly with only Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy returning. This is just DUMB.
- The Walking Dead this week planted the seeds for Dwight’s babyface turn. It was such a good character driven episode seeing how evil Negan really is and how Dwight wasn’t always such a scumbag.
- Congrats to The Simpsons as Fox has renewed the show for 2 more seasons thus making history as it will become the longest running scripted show in television history surpassing Gunsmoke. When the final 2 seasons finish, barring whether or not they are picked up for more, the show will end with 30 seasons (surpassing Gunsmoke’s 29 seasons) and 669 episodes (surpassing Gunsmoke’s 635 episodes).
- Another guest star on Marvel/Netflix “The Defenders” as they confirmed that Elodie Yung will reprise her role as Elektra on the show. Awesome.
- Congrats to Wonder Woman actress Gal Gadot as she revealed she is currently pregnant with her 2nd child.
- Paramount Pictures announced that Mission Impossible 6 will be released in theater on July 27th, 2018.
- There is a David Blaine ABC special airing next Tuesday. Make sure you watch it as his magic is always impressive to watch.
Feel free to discuss whatever you'd like on the “Board" where I can do my best to answer anything you’d like. Also drop a comment in the comment box below as I try my best to answer in a timely fashion. You can also tweet me on the tweeter. I reply there as well. Questions, Corrections, Comments, Feedback or Ideas: EMAIL ME .