Good day to you all and welcome to We Want Insanity. I am your host for today, Matt Dawgs and this is my column. Today is the end of the work week and the time to look back at all the goings-on over the past seven days as I wrap it up with a bow and spout it out bit by bit. Buckle up. Enjoy the ride.
MATT NOTE: Just a friendly reminder that this time of year you get a few less T.G.I.F.’s due to the holidays and that begins with next week. There will be NO COLUMN by me due to the Thanksgiving holiday. I assume that James Bullock will be filling in during my absence and he does an extraordinary job so you should check it out.
WWE NEWS AND NOTES:
- Two incredible angles on RAW on Monday on what otherwise was a lackluster show. The show closing angle involving Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown actually got me interested in seeing this PPV which I wasn’t looking forward to. The Goldberg/Lesnar confrontation was also excellently done and the fact that it wasn’t scripted and was “from the heart” made it all the more better. Having Goldberg destroy security and show his physique were also big moments. Yes he is in great shape for a 50 year old man but with that being said; he is significantly smaller which isn’t ideal. I get why he wanted time to “train” for this because I am sure with the “supplements” he would have taken, he would have gotten bigger.
-Goldberg managed to tweak his shoulder on RAW Monday. I am not sure this is the built in excuse if the match is lackluster or if it is 100% true. Goldberg noted in an interview earlier this week that his body feels horrible and that is probably because he is overcompensating for the long layoff and thus catching up with him.
- Funny enough is that during the Goldberg/Lesnar segment, they copied the idea from the Mike Tyson/Lennox Lewis boxing match by having the security standing in the middle of the ring to separate the two men. The idea was actually mentioned by Konnan just the week before on his “Keeping it 100” podcast on the Jericho Network on Podcast One. Konnan was discussing angles/ideas and he said he always wanted to use that idea for a major angle when he was booking AAA but didn’t have the right feud to use it for. Do you know how I know that one of the WWE writers blatantly stole the idea from Konnan? Because Konnan’s exact words were “I always loved the idea that Tyson and Lennox Lewis had security separating them before their fight with half facing Tyson and half facing Lewis.” The thing is, whomever listened to the podcast to lift the idea from Konnan DIDN’T BOTHER TO RESEARCH. In the Tyson/Lewis angle, while half the guards were looking at Tyson and half at Lewis, it wasn’t directly divided down the middle. They alternated men. So one man was facing Tyson and the man standing directly next to him was facing Lewis then the man next to him faced Tyson and so on. On RAW, they had all the guys on the right of the ring facing Goldberg and all the left facing Lesnar. That makes absolutely zero sense since if Goldberg wanted, he could have just charged left and broken through that line since all of the guards sent to separate them had their backs to him. SMH. Do your research WWE writers!!!!
- You may have noticed that Seth Rollins had a blue wristband on Raw on Monday. That was to tribute to Jonah Snyder, the student from his wrestling school who passed away several weeks ago. Snyder was from Buffalo New York.
- Poor Dolph Ziggler huh? He went from defending the I.C. title at Survivor Series and trying to keep it from going to RAW to not wrestling on the show at all since Miz won the title back. WOW.
- If you didn’t watch the WWE “State of the Union” special on the Network, do so. It was done similar to “Talking Smack” in that it wasn’t scripted and people were allowed to “shoot” if necessary. Well Daniel Bryan is either just way more witty than he gets credit for or he is straight still trying to get fired because he eviscerated a lot of Stephanie and Mick Foley’s comments. Such gems included Foley wondering how dumb Bryan is for not utilizing Natalya on the Survivor Series team which Bryan replying: “She had an opportunity to be on the team against Nikki Bella and she lost. Foley then wondered why Smackdown hasn’t had women in the main event yet (It is notable that he did not say main event a PPV as apparently Vince McMahon was so disappointed with the finish of that match between Sasha and Charlotte that it is no longer the main event of that PPV, Owens vs. Rollins is) to which Bryan replied: “Your women were on TV for over a year and we literally just got Carmella and Alexia Bliss 3 months ago.” Stephanie tried to interject noting that Bryan should listen to Mick, he came up and rose up out of nowhere....and she was IMMEDIATELY shut down by Bryan as he interrupted her saying: “He didn’t come out of nowhere, he was on WCW television and then ECW Television for YEARS before coming here. Foley made mention of Miz schooling him lately on the mic and Bryan replied with: “And I gave him the platform to show that fire he has for wrestling. What have you done to help Claudio (referencing Cesaro) to show his fire?” It was amazing seeing him shoot down everything like that.
- Still trying to decipher the Undertaker’s comments on Smackdown this week. In his return, he noted that “He’s back and he won’t be defined by Wrestlemania anymore.” which leads me to believe that he is back on a more permanent basis and plans on wrestling more shows than Mania. He did look good and healthy so whatever surgery he had on his hip has apparently rejuvenated him.
- Edge looked old with that grey beard. I still wish he was around though. He would have definitely reinvented himself and been a main event level talent.
- King Bookah!!!!!!
- Jordan and Gable have heat with someone. That is the only explanation for them not being pushed to the moon.
- Apollo Crews, damn. He had so much potential but that’s what happens when you bring someone up who isn’t ready and then have no plan in place for him to succeed. Ugh.
- Like of the week goes out to JBL. During commentary for Ziggler vs. Miz, David Otunga after Maryse interfered said: “Miz only uses his wife to get ahead.” to which JBL immediately replied: “So do you. It’s the only reason you’re here. We’re hoping that she’ll show up.” COMPLETE SAVAGE JBL IS. LOL.
- I pray to god that we do NOT get a 7 man announce booth on Sunday during Survivor Series. It should be Michael Cole, JBL and Corey Graves.
- Do you guys remember when Tyler Breeze was a main event act in NXT and people took him seriously as a heel? LOL. Now he is the “fashion police”.
- Prayers out to Rusev as his grandmother passed away last weekend. He and Lana missed RAW this week to attend the funeral.
- Local NBC Affiliate in Hartford Connecticut is reporting that the Trump Administration is strongly considering former WWE CEO Linda McMahon as a candidate for the Secretary of Commerce of the United States. WOW.
- Wrestlemania tickets officially go on sale today so if you are interested in attending, you better act fast.
- WWE officially announced that they are going “4 for 4” on the “Big 4” PPVs. Instead of 3 straight nights of shows for The Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Survivor Series, they will now do 4 straight nights of shows in the same arena/city. They will have NXT on Saturday’s, The PPV on Sunday, Raw on Monday and Smackdown Live on Tuesday. They will have package deals for these events for those wanting tickets.
- Triple H attended the UFC 205 show in Madison Square Garden on Saturday and following the show mentioned that WWE would absolutely be interested in bringing in Conor McGregor noting that he has all the tools. He is an incredible talker with a great personality; he has a great look and all the skills to entertain. He also noted that he has smaller guys than McGregor who are big stars in WWE and that it would be no different than bringing in Floyd Mayweather to work against the Big Show. One thing for sure if that Conor equals MONEY.
- Sin Cara is still being disciplined for his fight with Chris Jericho as he was removed from the remainder of the European Tour and forced to attend the Smackdown tour. He wasn’t booked for any matches on Smackdown however so he essentially had to travel without work. Then, when being flown back from Europe to RAW in Buffalo this week, he was flown into New York City and then had to drive himself to Buffalo for the shows which is over a 6 hour drive. The rest of the Raw crew was flown directly into Buffalo Airport. He was not allowed to dress in the normal locker room and instead dressed with the extras on the show.
- Shawn Michaels is NOT the head trainer of NXT despite what Kevin Nash said in an interview. His role is not changing and Matt Bloom isn’t going anywhere. Instead, Michaels is said to be teaching the cream of the crop who are expected to be called up to the main roster in the next 6 – 8 months or so. His job is to pick out who is ready and who needs more time.
- Congrats to Tony Neese as he was offered a full time WWE contract which he signed at the EVOLVE show in Maryland on Sunday. It did not AIR on the FloSports stream but was done in front of the live crowd with William Regal offering him the deal which he signed in the ring in front of the crowd.
- Drew Gulak was also offered a deal but he has not signed as of yet. He is expected to shortly. Both Gulak and Neese are being allowed to keep their names.
- James Ellsworth has told all independent promoters that he works for that he is no longer accepting independent bookings. That means he is likely signed to a contractor expected to sign soon. Good for him. He really turned something out of a small opportunity.
- Harv and Gurv Shira a.k.a. The Bollywood Boyz who participated in the Cruiserweight Classic have signed deals and will be moving to Orlando shortly.
- I’d never thought I’d see the day but former ECW Star Steve Corino was a guest trainer last week at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando. I really hope it turns into a permanent position with the company. He deserves it. He has put in A LOT of hard work over the years. His Ring of Honor contract expires on December 31st so he could effectively make the jump shortly thereafter as the only commitment he has past that is Wrestle Kingdom 11 and the first New Japan show following Wrestling Kingdom. He isn’t booked past then.
- Congrats to NXT Star Wesley Blake and former Tough Enough winner Sara Lee as they are having a baby girl.
- WWE will be sending a camera crew for the NXT live event in Osaka Japan on December 3rd. Not sure if the show will air live or be taped for snippets to be shown on television or not.
- Rey Mysterio’s son Dominick best remembered for his WWE appearance when he was 9 years old and Eddie Guerrero claimed he was Dominick’s father plans on beginning wrestling training in January. His goal is to be El Hijo De Rey Mysterio Jr.
- A new ECW special was filmed for the WWE Network on Tuesday before Smackdown with a roundtable hosted by Corey Graves that featured Paul Heyman, The Dudley Boyz, Tommy Dreamer and Taz.
- WWE is making an effort to get lost subscribers meaning subscribers who had the Network but have cancelled as they are offering them WWE Network for free from this week through January 31st meaning they will get Survivor Series, both Raw and Smackdown’s December PPV’s and the Royal Rumble for FREE.
- E! has renewed “Total Bellas” for a 2nd season. The 2nd season will revolve around John and Nikki moving in with Daniel and Brie to that Brie can have help with her pregnancy since Bryan now needs to be on Smackdown every week.
- Major congrats to Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as he was named People Magazine’s “Sexiest Man Alive” this week. Who would have thought that back in 1997 that he’d become the biggest star in all of Hollywood. WOW.
- While obviously nothing can be confirmed this far out, Dwayne Johnson is in the commercial for the 2017 Wrestlemania in Orlando. So is the Undertaker but it is a given that he will be there.
- Former WWE Diva Ashley Massaro has joined a lawsuit vs. WWE with her attorney Konstantine Kryos claming that Massaro was not treated properly for concussions suffered during an overseas WWE tour as well as her being sexually assaulted during a 2006 Tribute to the Troops tour of Kuwait. She claims she was examined by a WWE doctor following the assault and that the doctors reported it to WWE officials who persuaded her that it would be best if she did not report it to the authorities. The lawsuit does not reveal her assailant nor note whether it was a talent, WWE official or military person.
- WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross’ autobiography titled “Slobberknocker” is set to be released in the fall of 2017. Former WWI contributor Paul O’Brien assisted in writing the book with Ross.
- Thoughts and prayers go out to former WWE/WCW star Vader as he revealed via his Twitter that during his checkup following his recent car crash, doctors found out that he has congestive heart failure and he has been given about 2 years to live. WOW. That is terrible news to hear. He did in fact get a 2nd opinion and was given the same diagnosis.
- Son of WWE Hall of Famer and All-Pro NFL linebacker James Laurinaitis has been released by the New Orleans Saints. Maybe it is time to put in that call to Triple H??? He’s only 29 years old and has 8 years in the NFL. He’s made a few million dollars in his career and the injury bug and performance issues are starting to catch up. He’s not a “young” 29 for the NFL. Maybe he can pivot into Sports Entertainment.
- Dallas and Arlington Texas announced that Wrestlemania last year earning the cities approximately $170.5 million in tourist revenue. WOW.
NXT TAKEOVER TORONTO is TOMORROW NIGHT from Toronto Canada and the line-up is as follows:NXT WORLD TITLE: Shinsuke Nakamura © vs. Samoa JoeNXT WOMEN’S TITLE: Asuka © vs. Mickie JamesNXT TAG TEAM TITLES: The Revival © (Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder) vs. #DIY (Johnny Gargano & Tomasso Ciampa)FINALS OF THE DUSTY CLASSIC: The Authors of Pain (Rezar & Akam) with Paul Ellering vs. TM-61 (Nick Miller & Shane Thorne)Bobby Roode vs. Tye Dillinger
WWE SURVIVOR SERIES PPV is THIS SUNDAY from Toronto Canada and the line-up is as follows:Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar w/Paul HeymanTraditional Survivor Series Elimination Match: TEAM RAW of WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPION Kevin Owens ©/Chris Jericho/Roman Reigns/Seth Rollins/Braun Strowman vs. TEAM SMACKDOWN of WWE CHAMPION: A.J. Styles ©/Dean Ambrose/Randy Orton/Bray Wyatt/Shane McMahon Traditional Women’s Survivor Series Elimination Match: TEAM RAW of WWE RAW WOMEN’S CHAMPION: Charlotte Flair ©/Bayley/Nia Jax/Sasha Banks/Alicia Fox vs. Nikki Bella/WWE SMACKDOWN LIVE WOMEN’S CHAMPION: Becky Lynch ©/Alexa Bliss/Carmella/Naomi with Natalya as Coach Traditional Tag Teams Survivor Series Elimination Match: TEAM RAW of WWE RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: The New Day © (Big E/Kofi Kingston/Xavier Woods)/Cesaro & Sheamus/Enzo Amore & Big Cass/The Club (Doc Gallows & Carl Anderson)/The Shining Stars (Primo & Epico) vs. TEAM SMACKDOWN of WWE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: Heath Slater & Rhyno ©/American Alpha (Jason Jordan & Chad Gable)/The Hype Bros (Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley)/The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso)Breezango (Tyler Breeze & Fandango)WWE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE: The Miz w/Maryse © vs. Sami Zayn (If Zayn wins, Intercontinental Title moves to Smackdown)WWE CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE: Brian Kendrick © vs. Kalisto (If Kalisto wins, Cruiserweight Division moves to Smackdown)
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING NEWS and NOTES:
- After my column last Friday was posted I learned that Billy Corgan has settled his conflicts with TNA and has received his payments for his “loan” to the company. He apparently did not sign any non-disclosure agreements as he plans on setting up interviews soon to discuss the details of the settlement and where he now stands.
- Just to clarify on the payment issue, the judge never RULED that Corgan be paid back on November 1st. The issue was that TNA’s attorney mentioned that Anthem Sports was willing and ready to pay him back on November 1st and the judge Okayed it. She never ruled that it HAD to happen on that day.
- Now that the Corgan deal is done, we can see how far Anthem is willing to go with TNA or whether or not they just made the deal in order to have content for their station. They have to be willing to spend money and they need to start with Matt and Jeff Hardy as soon as their contracts are up in early 2017 because WWE is incredibly interested in bringing them back into the fold.
Ring of Honor / Lucha Underground / Independent / International News and Notes:
- Both Will Ospreay and Marty Scurll have signed ROH contracts and will be working full time for the promotion following the upcoming UK tour. They are exclusive deals for the United States meaning they can only wrestle for ROH when here but they can wrestle elsewhere in the world. They will still be allowed to work for PWG in the states so long as it doesn’t conflict with ROH dates. Both contracts are believed to be one year deals with an option to exit the deal after 6 months.
- Veda Scott is gone from Ring of Honor. They chose not to re-sign her.
- Michael Elgin noted that his orbital bone surgery incision is infected and the next 4 weeks will be critical with him on antibiotics before he is medically cleared to return. He is hoping to return for Ring of Honor’s “Final Battle PPV” and definitely be back for the New Japan Pro Wrestling “Wrestle Kingdom 11” show in January. It is all dependent on his eye healing.
- Congrats to Colby Corino as he has been accepted as a “young boy” at the New Japan Dojo. He will be joined by Hiku Le’o a.k.a. the son of Haku/Meng.
- Apparently Matt Sydal is still sitting in a Japanese prison. That is insane. He’s been there since September.
- Gabe Sapolsky has FIRED former WWE/ECW announcer Joey Styles from his EVOLVE promotion last weekend following some in ring remarks by Styles. Styles knew in advance before the show to refrain from making any comments that were too political due to the climate of the United States of America right now. Not only did Styles make a comment but it was also crude and could be considered sexual harassment. In referencing ring announce Joanna Rose, Styles said: “Joanna, you look great tonight and if our next President were here, he’d want to grab you by the .......”. While Styles did not say the actual word, everyone knew what he was getting at. Sapolsky was said to be livid and noted following the show that the promotion has parted ways with Styles. Styles then released a statement saying he knew he messed up and told Sapolsky to fire him since he has known him for 20 years and did not want to put him in the awkward position of having to make that decision himself. FloSlam, the streaming company that was streaming the event noted that they are pleased with Sapolsky’s decision and have edited the comment off the stream downloaded to the site.
- Now while what Styles said was offensive to some (not to me), it was on an EVOLVE show and I get it. EVOLVE just got on FloSports and also maintains a good relationship with WWE so you don’t want that controversy around your product. But what boggles my mind is that CHIKARA and Beyond Wrestling also announced that they have fired Styles from their companies and that makes no sense to me and it seems like they are just getting on board to go with the press.
- By the way, the above is an example of the “P*ssification of America”. Has this been 1995 and in ECW, not only would Styles have said the word, someone would have done it in an angle grabbing Beulah or Francine by the p*ssy.
- Best wishes go out to Timothy Thatcher as on the above mentioned EVOLVE show he apparently suffered a MAJOR concussion during his bout against Drew Gulak. He was in a New York Hospital from Saturday through yesterday before he was given clearance to fly home from New York to California.
- Happy Birthday to NJPW’s Hiroshi Tanahashi as he celebrated his 40th Birthday last weekend.
- As per usual when it comes to the promotion and taping schedules, no one from Lucha Underground has been given word on when season 4 will be set to begin filming. There was talk of starting in November to air in January but that has now been shelved. People believe February is more likely but that is IF they film at all as there is still uncertainty how long this project is going to go on for since they are not making any money.
MMA News and Notes:
- The man is rapidly becoming one of the biggest names in all of sports as 28 year old Conor McGregor made UFC history last Saturday night on the biggest show in UFC history. McGregor knocked out Lightweight Champion Eddie Alvarez early in the 2nd round to become the first person in the history of UFC to hold 2 titles in 2 separate weight classes as the same time. McGregor in his usual fashion following the fight cut one of the greatest promos ever as he noted “I have recently gotten into a lot of backstage fights with a lot of different people so I want to apologize....TO ABSOLUTELY NO BODY!!!!” LOL. He is awesome.
- What is next for Alvarez I do not know as I have seen a bunch of Alvarez fights going back to his Bellator days and this was NOT the Eddie Alvarez I know. He was completely uncompetitive and he either lost a step or Conor McGregor is truly that good as he made short work of Alvarez in dominating fashion.
-McGregor announced following the fight that his girlfriend is expecting their first child together. He also noted that he hasn’t made any decisions on which belt he is going to vacate other than the fact that he doesn’t want to vacate either and plans on trying to not only defend them both but noted that he has his eyes set on Tyrone Woodley and his welterweight title. He also noted that he wants an equity ownership percentage with UFC meaning he wants to become one of the owners. He is slowly going to get UFC by the balls unless he loses. If he keeps winning and becoming the major draw that he is, UFC sooner or later is going to have to break and grant him his wishes. The problem is, once they do eventually cave, you are opening Pandora’s box because if someone comes along down the road who becomes as big as McGregor then the floodgates are open and they too will hold up UFC for stuff like this.
- UFC President Dana White noted that UFC 205 has broken every record in company history. While that is very likely, there is no way he knows that for sure since numbers will take a few weeks to calculate. The final gate number for the show was $17.7 million completely smashing the gate for George St. Pierre vs. Jake Shields in Toronto which drew $12 million set in 2011. It also smashed the Madison Square Garden record of $13.5 million set by Lennox Lewis vs. Evander Holyfield in 1999.
- P.S. the $17.7 million gate surpassed Wrestlemania 32’s $17 million gate record from last year in Dallas.
- For those eyeing Khabib Nurmagomedov as the next in line for Conor to fight you can forget about it. That is the LAST FIGHT Conor or his team wants. Yes it will be a good fight but the fact is, someone is going to lose in impressive fashion. Conor will try to knock him out quickly if they both choose to stand but Khabib knows this and will try (and likely succeed) to take Conor down immediately and if that happens, it is over for Conor.
- Following her loss to Raquel Pennington on Saturday, Miesha Tate announced that she is retiring from MMA noting that she has lost a step and while helping pave the way for women’s fighters, she has to pass the baton to the Pennington’s of the world. Now this isn’t the worst move for her because honestly there isn’t much else she can do since she is nowhere close to getting another title shot and Ronda Rousey isn’t going to fight her again and Holly Holm vs. Tate 2 means nothing since Holm lost in her first fight after losing to Tate and Tate is on a 2 fight losing streak. So honestly there isn’t anything left for her to do. That being said, she is only 30 years old and has a lot left of her prime fighting years. So who knows?
- Ugh. Chris Weidman, the man who had the potential to corner the New York market due to being from Long Island suffered a devastating loss to Yoel Romero as he was KO’d by a vicious knee to the head that caused a severe gash that required stitches. That loss hurt. Romero should realistically be next in line for a shot at the Middleweight title however Michael Bisping has made it abundantly clear that he does not plan on fighting anyone who has failed a PED test again but at the end of the day, money talks. Rumor already has it that UFC is targeting the spring for Bisping vs. Romero.
- Dana White has confirmed that after missing weight for the 3rd time in his career, he is NEVER booking Kevin Gastelum to fight at 170 lbs. again.
- White also noted that despite his ability and popularity, Jon Jones is NOT getting a main event fight for a while. He knows Jones is a draw but feels like so much money is spent on promoting his fights only for them to fall apart due to his problems. He will have to consistently prove he can stay out of trouble before giving him a headlining slot.
- WWE COO Triple H was in attendance for UFC 205 at Madison Square Garden this weekend.
- Lyoto Machida has been suspended for 18th months retroactive to April 8th due to his declared usage of a banned substance prior to his fight with Dan Henderson. He will be eligible to fight again in October 2017.
- Also sitting out for a bit will be Roy Nelson as he was suspended by the Brazilian Superior Justice Court of MMA for 9 months for kicking referee John McCarthy following his win against Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva on September 24th. The suspension is retroactive to the fight date meaning he will be able to step foot back in an octagon in June. He could in fact get that suspension reduced to 6 months as they will allow it if UFC allows him to formally apologize to John McCarthy inside an octagon or official UFC press conference before December 31st.
- Remember how there were people pushing for the “Ali Act” to also cover MMA? Well that ain’t happening now considering UFC President Dana White was one of the speakers at the Republican National Convention as a guest of current President Elect Donald Trump. The second that act passes his desk he is vetoing it.
- UFC trying the difficult for the 2nd year in a row as they are running a show in Belfast Ireland on Fight Pass starting at 12:15 pm ET and then has a show on Fox Sports 1 starting at 6:00 pm ET from San Paulo Brazil. The respective main events are Gegard Mousasi vs. Urijah Hall from Belfast and Ryan Bader vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in San Paulo.
- Tomorrow night on Bellator, Benson Henderson is looking to capture the Bellator Lightweight Title from Michael Chandler in San Jose.
UFC 206 is on Saturday, December 10th, 2016 in Toronto Canada and the line-up is as follows: UFC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Daniel Cormier © vs. Anthony “Rumble” JohnsonAnthony Pettis vs. Max HollowayDonald Cerrone vs. Matt Brown
UFC ON FOX is on Saturday, December 17th, 2016 from Sacramento California and the line-up is as follows:Paige VanZant vs. Michelle WatersonSage Northcutt vs. Mickey GallUrijah Faber vs. Brad Pickett
UFC 207 is on Friday, December 30th, 2016 from Las Vegas Nevada and the line-up is as follows:UFC WOMEN’S BANTAMWEIGHT TITLE: Amanda Nunes © vs. Ronda RouseyUFC BANTAMWEIGHT TITLE: Dominick Cruz © vs. Cody GarbrandtCain Velasquez vs. Fabricio WerdumDoo Ho Choi vs. Cub SwansonJohnny Hendricks vs. Neil MagnyDong Hyun Kim vs. Tarec SaffiedineAlex Oliveira vs. Tim Means
Random Thoughts, Links, Pics, ETC.
- Random VIDEO of the week: Official Trailer for “Beauty and the Beast”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week: Honest Trailer for “Finding Dory”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 2: Best of Batman vs. Superman from Robot Chicken.
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 3: Latest Trailer for “Patriots Day”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 4: Latest Trailer for “Why Him?”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 5: Official Trailer for “Justice League Dark”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 6: Latest Trailer for “Collateral Beauty”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 7: Official Teaser for “Transformers: The Last Knight”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 8: David Blaine on “Ellen” doing what he does best.
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 9: Official Trailer for “Kong: Skull Island”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 10: 2nd Red Band Trailer for “Why Him?”
- THIS LINK is for LIFE. Thank you soldiers. WELCOME HOME BLOG
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week: Apparently our President Elect likely isn’t moving to Washington D.C.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 1: Is this a new thing or a Europe thing? Vacation from prison? Like you get out for a bit before going back? WTF?
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 2: JUSTICE!!! I hope this piece of sh*t rots.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 3: Absolutely nothing wrong with this. Should happen everywhere.
- Random ARTICLE of the week PART 4: Trump’s America. Sigh. This isn’t going to be the day to day here in the U.S. but I guarantee we are going to get similar incidents like this over the next 4 years. Clearly this manager is an idiot.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 5: Go ahead and tell me this man doesn’t deserve to be brutally tortured. SMH.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 6: Never change China with your weird traditions, never change.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 7: Licenses to be a parent. I tell you, it is the only way. This is sickening.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 8: Curious to see where this story goes because it doesn’t sound like they had a well thought out plan on how to get away with murder.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 9: As a parent, always protect your kids. I would gladly do the same if I had to.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 10: Wow. I had no idea that actress Shelly Duvall was in this bad shape. She is unrecognizable and completely off her rocker. Sad.
- “I just shoved my d*ck down your throat and you THANKED me for it.” ~ Neegan is a real mother*cker on The Walking Dead. Too bad a lot of fans are going to be disappointed at the end of this season. LOL.
- So Penguin a.k.a. Oswald Cobblepot is homosexual on Gotham?
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow is moving to Tuesday’s following the Flash starting in January. This is disappointing to me. I was 100% on board with Monday through Thursday of looking forward to a DC TV show.
- All 4 DC’s shows were good this week leading to the big crossover event starting November 28th. Although it is being overhyped as apparently the crossover begins at the end of Supergirl with Barry coming to Earth 3 to get Supergirl’s help meaning that essentially her show has absolutely NOTHING to do with the cross over except intro it.
- Someone decided that we need a reboot of the Green Hornet. Yes, the same movie that Seth Rogen had remade a few years ago. SMH.
- An interesting note regarding Guardians of the Galaxy and “Ego the Living Planet’s” role in GOTG 2 is that Marvel and Fox had to work on a deal for that to happen. Apparently Fox wanted to use Negasonic Teenage Warhead for Deadpool. The problem with that is that in the comic books Negasonic is a psychic. Fox wanted to change her powers to what she actually had in Deadpool. In order to do that however, as part of their licensing rights to X-Men for films, they cannot change a character without Marvel’s permission. So they approached Marvel to see if they were free to change her powers and Marvel said they could so long as they can get the rights to Ego the Living Planet for Guardians. Even though Ego is primarily used in GOTG in the comics, he is apparently a Fantastic Four character. Fox agreed and the deal was made.
- Remember when Marvel was going to do an “Inhumans” film and then it got shelved and then Kevin Feige said that the movie will one day happen down the road? Well it ain’t happening. Marvel announced that they have struck a deal with ABC to air an Inhumans television series set to debut in September 2017. The show will be shot entirely using IMAX cameras and the 1st 2 episodes of the series will actually air in IMAX theaters over the summer before airing on ABC. The show will feature the story of the Inhuman “royal family” of Black Bolt, Medusa, Gorgan, Karnak, Triton and Lockjaw and others. That is what the movie was going to focus on. Since IMAX is co-financing the project which is a first for them, expect it to have a fairly bigger budget than the other superhero shows on television thus meaning motion picture quality effects. The show will air for 8 episodes.
- The official trailer for “Spiderman: Homecoming” will debut with the release of “Star Wars: Rogue One”
- Duck Dynasty has been cancelled by A&E. This comes as a surprise considering that they were doing a few million viewers per week on the network. Yes ratings have slipped a bit but it was still a highly popular show.
Feel free to discuss whatever you'd like on the “Board" where I can do my best to answer anything you’d like. Also drop a comment in the comment box below as I try my best to answer in a timely fashion. You can also tweet me on the tweeter. I reply there as well. Questions, Corrections, Comments, Feedback or Ideas: EMAIL ME .