Good day to you all and welcome to We Want Insanity. I am your host for today, Matt Dawgs and this is my column. Today is the end of the work week and the time to look back at all the goings-on over the past seven days as I wrap it up with a bow and spout it out bit by bit. Buckle up. Enjoy the ride.
MATT NOTE: A few years ago a crazed gunman walked into an elementary school in Connecticut and murdered a bunch of kids under the age of 9 on a murderous rampage. The parents of the victims of Sandy Hook Elementary made this moving PSA on gun violence. Please watch THE VIDEO through the end.
BONUS MATT NOTE: This is a MUST READ COLUMN from our Chairman and CEO, James Guttman.
WWE NEWS AND NOTES:
- U.S. President Elect Donald Trump has selected former WWE CEO Linda McMahon as Secretary of Small Business Administration. WOW. Vince must be ecstatic.
- WWE presented their TLC PPV last weekend for the Smackdown Live brand. In the main event, A.J. Styles successfully defended his WWE title vs. Dean Ambrose due to interference from James Ellsworth. It wasn’t really an Ellsworth heel turn per se but instead Ellsworth following the show explained that he has defeated A.J. Styles on 3 occasions to date and has not received a title shot. He feels that he has Styles number so he helped Styles win so he could get a title shot vs. Styles which took place this past Tuesday on Smackdown Live.
- Congrats to Alexa Bliss for capturing the Smackdown Live Women’s title defeating Becky Lynch.
- As expected, Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt captured the Smackdown Tag Team titles defeating Heath Slater and Rhyno. I am completely at a loss as to where this angle is going. I was 100% positive that Orton was playing Wyatt and was going to turn on him but as I have noted for several weeks now, it appears that Orton, despite being cheered madly, is legit aligned with Wyatt and not going to turn. I don’t get why he is now “in bed” with the Wyatt Family or why. As for Heath and Rhyno, what’s done is done. It was a cute angle to get Slater onto a brand since he went undrafted but there was only so much they could do as a team and there was a shelf life on the angle. That has run its course and I am ok with this. Slater could go back to being a prelim comedy guy and Rhyno can help mentor and feud with some lower to mid-card acts.
- The Wyatt’s are using the Freebird/New Day rule with the titles. Any combination of Bray/Luke/Randy can defend the belts.
- Dolph Ziggler HAS TO turn heel, right? No way around it. He has failed vs. the Miz on so many occasions.
- I am 100% ok with Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte in an Ironman match although I don’t get why they cannot call it an Iron Woman match but I digress. I am NOT ok with the fact that they are painting Sasha out to be an incompetent stupid babyface because she is the only one who does not see Ric Flair turning on her to cost her the title vs. Charlotte. They are doing a superb job of making their faces look like idiots. See Amore, Enzo and Ambrose, Dean as examples.
- Emmalina!!! NEXT WEEK!!! YAY!!!
- RAW was a ho-hum show this week. Great heel stuff by Charlotte in the main event talking segment but other than that, nothing really noteworthy took place. I hope the Jericho/Owens tease is just that, a tease and that they eventually end up friends again as it is WAY TOO SOON to be breaking them up. They legit might as well save it for Mania.
- Rollins mentioning that he wants a piece of Triple H was the official “kick-off” for their feud. They will likely wrestle at Wrestlemania.
- By the way, if they are trying to push Rollins as a babyface that the fans want to get behind then they ABSOLUTELY need to stop mentioning that he is the reason that the Shield broke up. That does not get a babyface reaction. It does the exact opposite.
- Can WWE make Enzo Amore look any stupider than he currently looks? I don’t think they can but I also believe that they will absolutely try. Sigh.
- Lana is once again training to wrestle and is expected to work NXT live events in Florida this weekend.
- Smackdown was MEH. Terrible follow up to the TLC PPV. Just over all a bad show.
- James Ellsworth is wearing out his welcome. The joke is done and he isn’t that good in the ring to justify a main event level role. He is signed and I see the value in a prelim/comedy figure but it is about time he got moved from the Styles/Ambrose feud.
- Side note: The only reason he looks so good in the ring is because he has largely been working with Styles. You all realize this right?
- If you are wondering where the Usos or Naomi have been, both Jimmy Uso and Naomi are nursing ankle injuries. They are expected back soon.
- If they successfully defend their titles on Raw on Monday against The Club and Sheamus & Cesaro in a three-way where they could in fact lose the titles without being pinned then the New Day will break Demolition’s record of most days as champion. Next Friday, December 16th marks 478 days which is the record.
- Paige’s 60 day suspension for her 2nd violation of the WWE Wellness policy is up and she is free to return however she isn’t expected back anytime soon due to her neck injury that she is recovering from surgery for. This week on E!’s “Total Divas”, the episode was based around Paige and her “Issues”. It was made clear that she was unhappy with WWE, no-showing events, showing up late to other events and generally not getting along with people. She had an off camera meeting with Mark Carano while she was still mic’d where he noted that WWE is willing to help her with her “Issues” but she declined and stormed out. She then informed the camera man filming outside the office to turn the camera off.
- WWE Tribute to the Troops will air on USA Network next Wednesday.
- As expected, Shinsuke Nakamura recaptured the NXT World Title vs. Samoa Joe last weekend in Osaka Japan in the main event. Joe became the 1st ever 2-time NXT World Champion defeating Nakamura at NXT Takeover Toronto.
- Due to her performance at the NXT Takeover Toronto event a few weeks back, Mickie James has been offered a contract by WWE. She has apparently signed a 3-year deal. The plan as of now is to put her on Smackdown so that should 100% tell you where WWE is regarding their relationship with John Cena since James was once engaged to Spirt Squad member Ken Doane but broke up with him because she cheated on him with Cena. She then became somewhat obsessed with Cena so she was moved from Raw to Smackdown before eventually being released. The fact that Doane is wrestling on Smackdown and James is being brought to Smackdown says a lot. Congrats to her though as it is well deserved. She has always been a solid worker and put in an incredible performance vs. Asuka at NXT Takeover in Toronto and absolutely fits in with the current crop of hard working in ring women performers on the roster.
- No word on if WWE is interested in her husband Magnus as he is younger than she is and very talented in the ring with a good look. He may not be able to sign though because he is under contract to Global Force Wrestling.
- HAHAHAHAHA. That above sentence was sarcasm.
- WWE has signed former WWE Star Yoshihiro Tajiri to a deal. He announced this last weekend at the NXT in Japan show and will be returning in 2017 once he fulfills any Japan commitments. He will be on the main roster working in the Cruiserweight Division.
- Congrats to Bayley as she was engaged last week to longtime boyfriend and independent wrestler Aaron Solow. They’ve been dating for years since they wrestled in California together on the Indies.
- Sawyer Fulton of Sanity in NXT is injured and expected to miss significant time. Eric Young and Alexander Wolfe have been teaming as Sanity in the interim however NXT is likely putting Big Damo in the group as Fulton’s replacement.
- NXT has officially signed former Minnesota Viking Babatunde Aiyegbusi to a developmental deal. He is 6’9 and 351 lbs. WOW.
- Brock Lesnar MURDERED Rusev at a WWE Live Event in Mexico City last weekend defeating him via submission via a kimura lock in 25 seconds. That is NOT a typo. So they are back to rebuilding Brock as an unstoppable monster.
- Lesnar’s next LIVE EVENT is scheduled for February 4th in Salt Lake City Utah. He is also scheduled for a live event on February 17th in Dallas Texas and one on March 10th in Buffalo New York. Weird that he is working so many live events.
- Bill Goldberg is being advertised for the first RAW of the new year on January 2nd in Tampa Florida.
- New York DJ for Hot 97 Peter Rosenberg made his WWE debut on the TLC Pre-Show on the WWE Network. He was a panelist. He will be full time on pre and post show panels and both Jerry “The King” Lawler and Amy “Lita” Dumas have been relieved of their duties as panelists and both have been moved from contracts to “Legends” deals. It is still believed that Lawler will host the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony in April as he has the past few years. As for Amy Dumas, she is likely gone from the company completely. She is no longer a producer/agent for the company either.
- Tamina Snuka has been medically cleared to return to action and should be debuting shortly on either RAW or Smackdown. My bet is Smackdown so that they could keep her apart from Nia Jax and someone on Smackdown can likely benefit from having Tamina as a heavy. My bet is Alexa Bliss.
- After my column was posted last week news came out that Jimmy Snuka’s latest hearing was held in Pennsylvania and that right now the judge has not decided to dismiss the case but will reassess at a later date. HOWEVER...Snuka’s lawyer revealed that Snuka is suffering from stomach cancer and due to infections being caused by it, he isn’t expected to live past another six months.
- Former WWE Star Alberto Del Rio’s restaurant in Texas that opened Thanksgiving weekend is not doing well so far. It has been getting slammed on customer review websites for both the food and the service.
- A friendly reminder that WWE Superstar John Cena hosts Saturday Night Live tomorrow night on NBC.
- A FANTASTIC look at the WWE, their growth and Shane McMahon. I had no idea about the 2012 story about Shane. How different would wrestling be had Vince agreed?
WWE ROADBLOCK: END OF THE LINE PPV is on Sunday, December 18th, 2016 from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and the line-up is as follows:WWE UNIVERSAL TITLE: Kevin Owens © vs. WWE U.S. Champion Roman ReignsWWE RAW WOMEN’S TITLE: Sasha Banks © vs. Charlotte in an 30 Minute IRONMAN MATCHSeth Rollins vs. Chris JerichoSami Zayn vs. Braun Strowman (If Zayn loses, he will be fired from Raw
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING NEWS and NOTES:
- Billy Corgan’s lawsuit vs. TNA and Impact Ventures was officially dismissed by a judge on Monday following his agreement to a deal with Anthem Sports and Entertainment.
- Next week on Impact, “TOTAL NONSTOP DELETION!!!!” I am looking forward to it. I don’t know how long it has been since I’ve been able to say that about Impact.
- King Maxel Hardy makes his in ring TNA debut next week.
Ring of Honor / Lucha Underground / Independent / International News and Notes:
- Last weekend Ring of Honor held their annual version of “Wrestlemania” in Final Battle on PPV and there was a lot of news and noteworthy stories coming out of the show. Firstly, Kyle O’Reilly captured the ROH Title defeating Adam Cole in the main event. This is fairly big news because O’Reilly’s contract is set to expire at the end of this month (December). By ROH giving him the title, this means that he has likely agreed to a deal or has already signed an extension as they wouldn’t have given him the title without one.
- Next up is the Young Bucks as they successfully defended their ROH Tag Team titles vs. the Briscoes at the show. This is noteworthy because their contracts also expired on December 31st. ROH announced the following day however that the Bucks have signed new 2-year contracts with ROH as well as new 2-year contracts with New Japan Pro Wrestling. So for everyone chasing the Bucks such as TNA, they are off the market for the next 2 years. Apparently they have signed with both companies for a significant amount of more money than they were previously under. Good for them.
- O’Reilly will defend his newly won ROH Title at Wrestle Kingdom for New Japan at the Tokyo Dome vs. Adam Cole in a rematch.
- DELETE!!! DELETE!! Yes, “Broken” Matt Hardy made a surprise appearance via video challenging “The Bucks of Youth” to a tag team title match vs. himself and Brother Nero. This match will take place over Wrestlemania weekend in Orlando in April however it will NOT be for their iPPV since the Hardy Boyz are both still working for TNA. They have NOT signed amended TNA contracts meaning that they can pick and choose their bookings but they still cannot work for another iPPV or PPV show. Had they signed the amended contracts, they wouldn’t be able to work for ROH without TNA’s blessing. The video airing on the PPV was approved by TNA as well.
- HOWEVER....they did receive TNA’s blessing as Brandi Rhodes made her ROH debut as Cody’s (just Cody, no Rhodes) personal ring announced. Brandi IS in fact under TNA contract and they can select what independent bookings she can appear on. She did in fact make it on PPV which leads me to believe that there is a sort of relationship/agreement between TNA and ROH.
- It is also expected that Cody will be revealed tomorrow as the newest member of the Bullet Club in New Japan.
- Condolences go out to Bobby Fish as he missed the Final Battle PPV due to his mother passing away. He left the European Tour of ROH a few weeks ago due to his mother suffering a stroke. She succumbed to the stroke before Final Battle.
- Thoughts and prayers go out to Steve Corino and his son Colby. Colby was arrested last weekend in Tennessee for possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and intent to distribute. He is being held on $40,000 bond. This is bad for his career as he was set to start at the New Japan Dojo in Japan in January. Not many Americans are invited to the New Japan Dojo to work as a young boy and Japan as a country frowns heavily on drugs. This will likely effect his position in New Japan.
- New Japan Pro Wrestling star Kenny Omega is still having visa issues and thus cannot work for Ring of Honor until they are cleared uo.
- Scott Norton is likely to be returning to New Japan for a short run. Yes. THAT Scott Norton.
- Michael Elgin may be a “game day” decision for Wrestle Kingdom as he has apparently suffered a setback with his broken orbital bone.
- According to the Japanese media, Matt Sydal was arrested upon entering Japan in September due to a tip to customs. Apparently someone informed them ahead of time of his arrival and that he would be bringing illegal drugs into the country. He was locked up from September until his trial date in November due to not being a Japanese citizen thus not having an address in Japan and they didn’t want him to skip his trial. He will get a suspended sentence due to time serves and will be allowed to return to the U.S. then.
MMA News and Notes:
- DOWN GOES PETTIS!!! Less than 24 hours away from his interim featherweight title fight vs. Max Holloway, Anthony Pettis FAILED to make 145 lbs. and thus will not be able to become the 4th fighter in UFC history to become a title holder in two different weight classes. He weighed in at 148 lbs. Should Holloway win, he will become interim champion. If Pettis wins however, he WON’T become interim champion. He will also have to surrender 20% of his purse to Holloway. Pettis vs. Holloway for the interim title was announced a little more than week ago as it was named as a replacement for the original main event of Daniel Cormier defending the Light Heavyweight title vs. Anthony “Rumble” Johnson was cancelled due to Cormier needing surgery.
- In news that shocked most of the MMA world, WME-IMG continued with their staff/salary cutbacks and both Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes were “wished well on their future endeavors”. This is fairly big because both men helped play an important part in the growth of UFC into the money making juggernaut it is today. When they were given “Vice President” positions, it was because Dana White was ensuring both men that they would have “jobs for life”. While Liddell had an executive title and role in the company, it was basically just that, a title. He didn’t do much other than attend UFC events. As for Hughes however, his role was more than just a face from the past. He was actually a talent liaison who would be a bridge between disgruntled talents and UFC management.
- Dana White in an interview earlier this week admitted that their hiring was a loyalty thing and that he told them both when he hired them that they’d be paid until the day he dropped dead or was no longer in charge of spending. The day came when he was no longer in charge of spending and that is business. But he only hired them because he wanted them both to retire from MMA and be taken care of for helping build UFC.
- Both Forrest Griffin and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira are still employed in office roles with UFC. Both Griffin and Nogueira are office employees in that they are physically there and working unlike Liddell who really didn’t do anything for the company and was just employed with a title. Hughes did do work but was never physically around.
- Apparently Mighty Mouse is human after all. Demetrious Johnson defeated TUF winner Tim Elliot last week at the UFC TUF Finale but it was probably Johnson’s toughest fight in several years. Elliot definitely gave him a run for his money and looked impressive.
- Remember when UFC announced that Conor McGregor relinquished his UFC Featherweight title? Well as it turns out, Conor DID NOT do such a thing and is claiming that he still has the physical belt and until someone comes to “try” and get it from him, he is still going to be two division champion. “Eddie is still unconscious, what do you mean? I only fought last week. Them belts are mine. Whatever they want to say, and they can say, Oh we took the belt and now it’s this guy’s belt. You can play with those fake belts all you want. Jose was KO’ed, Eddie was KO’ed, you’re looking at the two-weight world champion and that’s it. I’ll say to the UFC, and I love their company, you’re fooling nobody, you’re fooling nobody with that. But best of luck to them, I still got them belts. Someone’s got to come take those belts from me, physically. Not online, not through a keyboard. The keyboard warriors trying to take them belts away from me, you got to take them belts off me physically if you want to come get them.”
- Speaking of McGregor, he has reportedly has been offered a role in HBO’s hit series “Game of Thrones” according to Rolling Stone magazine. He will be playing a crew member of Euron Gregjoy’s ship. I don’t watch the show but apparently the ship is called “The Silence” and all of the crew members have had their tongues cut out so they can’t speak. Yes, HBO and Game of Thrones is taking one of the most charismatic people on the planet who cuts the best promos since Muhammed Ali and putting him in a role where he does not speak. SMH.
- UFC Lightweight contender Tony Ferguson has told UFC officials that he is willing to drop to 145 lbs. if he was granted the first title defense of Jose Aldo.
- With Ronda Rousey’s long term future in doubt and Miesha Tate’s unexpected retirement, UFC President Dana White has decided to go ahead with a UFC Women’s Featherweight Division for 145 lb. women and will make current Invitca 145 lb. women’s champion Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino their inaugural champion. Cyborg was offered her first title defense already at the UFC 208 PPV in February in Brooklyn New York vs. Holly Holm and then against Germaine de Randamie but unfortunately Cyborg turned them both down because she noted it was not enough time for her to make 145 lbs. Holm was all for the fight however her trainer decided it wasn’t in her best interests. Either way, the division is coming. It is just a matter of when.
- Speaking of Rousey, she signed an endorsement deal with Pantene, the major women’s shampoo company. Commercials will begin airing in the New Year.
- Rousey also revealed on Conan O’Brien that her next fight will NOT be her last. She apparently has two fights left on her current contract and she plans on fulfilling them. So if she loses, she will fight at least once more before deciding to re-sign with UFC or retire.
- Valentina Shevchenko vs. Juliana Pena has been signed and confirmed as the UFC Fight Pass main event of the January 28th show. That is a good fight.
- In what is NOT a good sign for UFC since the MMAAA is up and running and looking to have fighters compensated better, Carla Esparza, the first UFC Women’s Strawweight Champion is selling her 2015 Harley Davidson motorcycle that she was gifted by UFC for winning the Ultimate Fighter because she is currently broke and only has enough money to take care of the next two months of bills. Esparza missed an entire year of action due to a shoulder injury and then ended up coming back early and taking a fight on short notice because she needed the income. While she won her last fight, no one has agreed to take a fight against her therefore she has had little income over the past 18 months.
- Daniel Cormier underwent successful surgery to repair his torn adductor and is hoping to fight against Anthony “Rumble” Johnson in April. As excited as I am going to be for that fight, they are both going to be shaking off a lot of rust.
- The Nevada State Athletic Commission upheld USADA’s suspension of Jon Jones thus NOT adding additional sanctions against him. So Jones suspension will remain one-year and he will be eligible to fight on UFC’s July PPV.
- Nick Diaz has come to a settlement with the Nevada State Athletic Commission regarding his past due payment for his suspension. He is now cleared to resume all fight activities and can be booked to fight by UFC. He owed around $75,000 for his fine from his last suspension.
- Roy Nelson made a public statement apologizing to referee John McCarthy for kicking him following his win over Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva. Due to his apology, his suspension was reduced from 9 months to 6 months. He will be able to now fight again in March 2017.
- White was asked about George St. Pierre’s “Mixed Martial Arts Athletes Association” to which White replied ”I don’t know enough about it to really speak on the subject but the only thing I do know is that the biggest scumbag in the history of combat sports, Bjork, is involved in this thing.
- Speaking of GSP, he revealed on TSN in Canada this week that UFC has re-opened negotiations with him about his return.
- Ryan Bader is a free agent. He is currently still in an exclusive negotiating period with UFC but does want to weigh his options before signing.
- Tito Ortiz once again confirmed that his fight against Chael Sonnen in Bellator will in fact be his last. He is no longer going to compete in MMA following that fight.
- Wanderlei Silva has pulled out of the RIZIN Fight vs. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic on December 29th. This was scheduled to be Silva’s first MMA fight since March 2013.
- Co-owners of UFC, Ari Emmanuel and Patrick Whitesell are 4th on the Sports Business Journal’s list of most influential people in Sports business. They were 12th last year so that shows you how far they have come with the UFC purchase. NBA commissioner Adam Silver is 1st, Bob Iger and John Skipper the co-chairs of Disney Media are 2nd with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in 3rd.
- Emmanuel and Whitesell have named Andrew Schleimer as new Chief Financial Officer.
- Best wishes to UFC Hall of Famer Don Frye as he was in a medically induced coma for two months due to many different health ailments springing from the metal rod that was inserted in his back a few years ago for a back surgery BROKE without his knowledge.
UFC 206 is TOMORROW NIGHT FROM Toronto Canada and the line-up is as follows:INTERIM UFC FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE: Max Holloway vs. Anthony Pettis. If Holloway wins, he becomes Interim Featherweight Champion. If Pettis wins, he does NOTDonald Cerrone vs. Matt BrownCub Swanson vs. Doo Ho ChoiTim Kennedy vs. Kevin GastelumEmil Meek vs. Jordan Mein
UFC ON FOX is on Saturday, December 17th, 2016 from Sacramento California and the line-up is as follows:Paige VanZant vs. Michelle WatersonSage Northcutt vs. Mickey GallUrijah Faber vs. Brad Pickett
UFC 207 is on Friday, December 30th, 2016 from Las Vegas Nevada and the line-up is as follows:UFC WOMEN’S BANTAMWEIGHT TITLE: Amanda Nunes © vs. Ronda RouseyUFC BANTAMWEIGHT TITLE: Dominick Cruz © vs. Cody GarbrandtCain Velasquez vs. Fabricio WerdumDoo Ho Choi vs. Cub SwansonJohnny Hendricks vs. Neil MagnyDong Hyun Kim vs. Tarec SaffiedineAlex Oliveira vs. Tim Means
UFC 208 is on Saturday, February 11th, 2017 from Brooklyn New York and the line-up is as follows:TBD vs. TBD
Random Thoughts, Links, Pics, ETC.
- Random VIDEO of the week: Latest Teaser for “Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2”. This is going to be AWESOME.
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week: Latest Trailer for FX’s “Legion”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 2: Official Trailer for “The Mummy” starring Tom Cruise.
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 3: Official Teaser for “Transformers: The Last Knight”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 4: Honest Trailer for “Suicide Squad” HILARIOUSLY ACCURATE!!!
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 5: Official Trailer for “War of the Planet of the Apes”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 6: Classic Luke Skywalker Moments.
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 7: Zack Snyder’s “Dark Side Knight vs. Super Jedi”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 8: The Newest Super Power Beatdown: “Wolverine vs. Wonder Woman”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 9: Official Trailer for Dwayne Johnson’s “Baywatch”
- BONUS Random VIDEO of the week PART 10: Latest Trailer for “The Wall” starring John Cena.
- THIS LINK is for LIFE. Thank you soldiers. WELCOME HOME BLOG
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week: Good riddance. Was kind of hoping for the death penalty but I will take what I can get.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 1: I don’t think I would be capable of being this forgiving if I were in his shoes.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 2: Sad story. If it was her boyfriend, he really wanted her gone huh to go through all this trouble from behind bars.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 3: How stupid are criminals these days? LOLOLOLOLOL.
- Random ARTICLE of the week PART 4: Some people can be real assh*les. I mean, if they did something to a family pet or injured someone then fine, I get it. But this?
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 5: F*cking terrible; especially right before the holidays. I’d go f*cking nuts if I were their parents.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 6: Desperate much lady? Geez.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 7: Ummmmm........uh.............
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 8: You know another good way to walk to work? Walking to work. What the f*ck is this hipster sh*t?
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 9: Scumbag.
- BONUS Random ARTICLE of the week PART 10: I honestly don’t see a problem with this. So what if he suffered and felt pain? Big deal. He still got off lucky if you ask me.
- I am putting this separate from the rest of my videos above but here is the OFFICIAL TRAILER for “Spider-Man: Homecoming”
- Actor/Comedian Chris Rock announced that he will be doing his first comedy tour in over as decade. It will be titled the “Total Blackout” tour.
- I am thisclose to being done with Hollywood altogether minis Marvel/Disney/Pixar/DC Universe films. Actor Zach Galligan has confirmed that Gremlins 3 is in fact in the works and he is set to reprise his starring role of Billy Peltzer.
- For those of you who have hated on The Walking Dead based on the pace in recent weeks or people not caring about the characters, we finally got back to the Saviors and the Alexandrians. If this episode didn’t peak your interest, I don’t know what will. Neegan is a bad ass heel and this episode further established that while getting other characters in the mix.
- P.S. - if you are wondering why Negan is clean shaven in the previews for Sunday’s mid-season finale, it will be explained on the show but the most likely not show related answer is that in the comics, Negan doesn’t have a beard. The reason Jeffrey Dean Morgan portrayed Negan with one is because he was in the middle of filming “The Good Wife” on CBS when he signed to do TWD and he was still filming Good Wife when he came in to do the finale. He couldn’t shave because it wouldn’t fit his Good Wife character. Now that the show is done, he can get rid of the beard and will likely keep it off.
- FX’s mutant show “Legion” debuts on Wednesday, February 8th at 8:00 pm ET. The show revolves around the mutant son of X-Men leader Charles Xavier. His name is David Haller and he is a mutant schizophrenic. What is special about him is that all of his split personalities maintain a different mutant power.
- This has been by FAR the best season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to date. It has been so fantastic all around with the new dynamic and characters. Plus I am very much enjoying the storyline arcs dividing the season with the first half being about Ghost Rider and the 2nd half now being about Life Model Decoys. Awesome stuff.
- Marvel/Netflix has announced/confirmed that Luke Cage has been renewed for a 2nd season.
- In more of the DC Universe shuffling game, Aquaman which was scheduled to be released in July 2018 has now been pushed back to an October 2018 release date.
- I was also impressed by the winter finale of all of the CW shows. Flash ended with a nice twist that I am sure will cliff hang us at the end of the season until next year. Arrow, while not the best of the CW shows anymore has admittedly improved from last year and Legends overall is a fun show. Good work CW.
- I have been binge watching “24” again starting with season one. Jack Bauer may be the best hero character in the history of television. It was such a good show early on until it fell apart at the seams a bit towards the end. Admittedly the short half season they did a few years back was so much fun though since it was basically a condensed season so instead of stretching for 24 hours’ worth of material, they just had Jack being Jack for 13 hours by having him go on a Jack Bauer rampage or torturing and killing bad guys.
Feel free to discuss whatever you'd like on the “Board" where I can do my best to answer anything you’d like. Also drop a comment in the comment box below as I try my best to answer in a timely fashion. You can also tweet me on the tweeter. I reply there as well. Questions, Corrections, Comments, Feedback or Ideas: EMAIL ME .